Author Topic: plastic blades from ecoinnovation  (Read 913 times)

rgormley

plastic blades from ecoinnovation
« on: February 25, 2006, 12:26:01 PM »
question to anybody who has a set of the eco blade

from Wx3.ecoinnovation.co.nz/product_detail.php?id=207

whats the length of the eco blades

tip to tip length? and width at the root and width at the tips?

how do they mount? flat? do i have to angle them?

also would like to know how they compare (noise wise) to other blades "jerry blade" and blades from the whisper, AIR-x etc etc

looking for noise comparisons, i will using 3 x eco blades on the "cheap Chinese 250 watt mill" as the standard blades supplied are a little noisy

Regards,

Richard

« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 12:26:01 PM by (unknown) »

henjulfox

Re: plastic blades from ecoinnovation
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 06:28:11 AM »
I have purchased a set of blades from E-bay that I believe are the same thing. They are an exact copy of the AIR blades, scaled up around 20%.

They are 3/4" wide at the tip, 5 1/2 " wide at the root. Tip to tip measurement would depend on the diameter of the hub. Mine come out to 59". They mount flat. They are made from, I assume, Carbon fiber so they are strong but flexable. They did not arrive balanced. If you decide to buy a set I suggest using a scale to get them the same weight.

They are a good match for the AIR machine - they look real nice but don't do much. They are very well designed for high wind/high RPM. They perform poorly in any other conditions. By coincidence I currently have a set of Jerry blades flying next to a 6-blade set of these on a couple of low speeed generators. The Jerry blades are regularly giving me amps, the fancy blades are rarely spinning, let alone charging. I assume they are as noisey as the AIR blades. I haven't seen them spin fast enough to tell.

My opinion, in case it's not clear, spend your $ elsewhere.

-Henry

« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 06:28:11 AM by henjulfox »

rgormley

Re: plastic blades from ecoinnovation
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 09:16:49 PM »
hi henry, thanks for the comments.

i today mounted 4 jerry blades, and they are performing great in low winds, not sure how they will go in high winds? ,time and wind will tell.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 09:16:49 PM by rgormley »