Author Topic: What's Happening At Ishpeming?  (Read 826 times)

CG

What's Happening At Ishpeming?
« on: August 25, 2006, 09:26:47 AM »
In July work was begun on the first commercial installion of a Windstor turbine. The whole thing took off like a bat out of hell. On the mti-energy website there was almost daily updates, with pictures of the work in progress, and claims of an August completion were made. But now all work seems to have come to a halt

It seems a hole was dug, concrete was poured, land was levelled again,and a tower was errected. But what do you know? There's nothing ready to put on top of it.

There is now talk of a September completion date; but Mckenzie Bay's quarterly report doesn't seem too optimistic. I think the Michigan legal fraternity must be rubbing their hands in expectation of possible law suits.

I am a keen supporter of Windstor, and I was hopping the Ishpeming deal would show the feasiblity of this turbine, but the whole thing seems to have been done on a shoe string budget.

Does anybody live local to the site who could give an update on how things are going there?

« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 09:26:47 AM by (unknown) »

finnsawyer

Re: What's Happening At Ishpeming?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 10:01:35 AM »
I live a hundred miles from Ishpeming and definately am interested in seeing the site.  However, with the current price of gas I'm not going to run down there unless I really need something from Menards.  Unlike you I have been really dubious about the whole thing.  Safety is a big issue to me when they talk about putting them by schools.  I have suggested that a good option would to build one or more along M-26 past Twin Lakes near an existing power sub station.  No people to get hurt by flying blades there.  I have made a number of comments about it here in the past.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 10:01:35 AM by finnsawyer »