Author Topic: Fisher and Paykel no cogging rotor  (Read 2084 times)

domwild

Fisher and Paykel no cogging rotor
« on: October 28, 2006, 05:36:59 AM »
Hi,

Fisher and Paykel has brought out a new rotor which does not cog but requires rewiring. Visit the ecoinnovation website, a mill is being sold with that rotor.

More detailed explanations can be found on "gizmo's" new web site more dedicated to F&P gurus, try the www.thebackshed.com.au site of gizmo. It also list Oz prices for those rotors.

I am going to stick to large props and my floating hub to get around the cogging BUT in six or more years i am going to pick those rotors out of the washing machines during the bulk rubbish days!

In America it may be possible to get them out of LG washers, from memory, there has been a legal stouch between F&P and LG re PM motor idea for washers. I am not too sure if the LG's cog less or not.

Oz company Latronics makes an AC switchover switch, which appears to be new on the market. Switches generator on when mains fails; see their web site. I do not endorse this product but it may be of interest to those off the grid.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 05:36:59 AM by (unknown) »

mobrien

Re: Fisher and Paykel no cogging rotor
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 08:35:34 AM »
The gizmo link doesn't work
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 08:35:34 AM by mobrien »

TorchLitHill

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 06:42:41 PM »
For those in the states, it might be possible to get new motors direct from the source.  http://www.nexport.com/company.cfm?company=314503_FISHER_PAYKEL_APPLIANCES_APPLIANCES_MAJOR_RETAIL_C
LYDE_OH

sorry if this had already been posted.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 06:42:41 PM by TorchLitHill »

commanda

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 08:08:43 PM »
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 08:08:43 PM by commanda »