Author Topic: Garbogen schimatic.  (Read 904 times)

Jerry

Garbogen schimatic.
« on: December 25, 2006, 02:21:05 AM »
Hi bsafe.

Here is a link to a bsafe story from a short time ago. It has a schimatic of the Garbogen. http://www.fieldlines.com/story/2006/4/9/181747/3877

JK TAS Jerry

« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 02:21:05 AM by (unknown) »

Jerry

Re: Garbogen schimatic.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 07:23:41 PM »
Sorry bsafe? Its not a bsafe story its a garbogen story. To much holiday cheer I suspect?LOL

Merry Christmas.

JK TAS Jerry

« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 07:23:41 PM by Jerry »

bsafe

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 07:50:56 PM »
Thank you, I am going to start on a 7.2amp 3/4 horse conversion soon. What sort of bearings (type, brand, source)have you had the best luck with for the endcaps? Do you have any centering and or mounting tips? What are reasonable expectations for a 4ft dia blade in low wind conditions 5-10 mph.? Thank you! Merry Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 07:50:56 PM by bsafe »

Jerry

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 08:33:49 PM »
Hi bsafe.

Well I'll need some info. What type end caps are you making? what type armature will you be useing (doaner from furnace blower motor or home made solid steel)?

Solid steel armature makes 10% more power the used motor armature.

What type magnets? The best are the none exsistant old #29s. Next best is NTLs curved NEOs. There are also a bunch of small round sheers installed Zubbly stile or also bar magnets.

For the wood end caps, secure the bearings with some type metal retainer ring on both sides of the end cap. To keep the shaft centered, use a shaft collar. It will have a set screw for positioning in the right spot on the shaft. 2 of these against the inside of the bearings will keep the armature centered.

The bearings that come on the furnace blower wotor will work fine. If there bad, get new bearings from your local supplyer. The cheap chineese bearings work for me.

Depending on the OD and ID lowes has some replacment bearings.

If you were using the old #29 magnets and a solid steel armature you could expect an amp or 2 at 5 mph and 5 to 8 amps at 10 mph. At least thats what I get with the Jerry Blades.

If your useing hand carved wood blades I have no idea what you might get. I know most comercial 4 ft or there abouts wind gerarators take there power rateing at 28.8 mph. With the above componets I would expect around 500 watts with you 3/4 hp machine at 28.8 mph.

A freind , wood smith and cabnet maker is biulding me a set of 4FT blades as described and designed for Hughs 4 ft genny, wood carved. I will be making a wind tunnel compairison with the wood blades and my plastic blades.

JK TAS Jerry

« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 08:33:49 PM by Jerry »