Author Topic: CSA approval [CLOSED]  (Read 819 times)

mat

CSA approval [CLOSED]
« on: May 02, 2008, 12:44:06 PM »
Thanks for all of the suggestions.

I have contacted the inspector and have requested an inspection form. I phoned the field inspector for the CSA and he told me that with the 24 volt windmill it was not really much of an issue but if the ESA inspector insisted then he would haveto inspect.

I have a call in to the ESA inspector since I received the Harzardous investigation defect notice which lists 7 infractions.

I am not against having an inspection if he offers good suggestions  but I fear that he will have me tear up my underground cables as i was recently told that while Ontario Hydro can do what I did to get the 120 volt to the house, I can't do it. I had a service disconnected from my barn and I used the same wire and conduit to route the power to the house.

I'll keep in touch.

-mat

Mat. Please post this response as well as any updates to the original posting on it. Otherwise folks cannot follow the thread. CLOSED to comments to encourage that.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 12:44:06 PM by (unknown) »

mat

Re: CSA approval
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 06:50:37 AM »
I had the ontario hydro cut off last week so I am off grid. The municipality has granted me a temporary permit to have the windmill and when I asked what was next they said make it permanent as there has been no complaints. So that angle seems fine.

I'll keep everyone posted as to my progress.

-mat

« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 06:50:37 AM by mat »