Author Topic: Firing an injector? How?  (Read 1600 times)

nothing to lose

Firing an injector? How?
« on: May 09, 2005, 06:48:37 AM »
I get alot of ideas and can figure out alot of things sometimes, this one puzzles me a bit. Probably a very simple answer!

How would I fire an injector/s on a engine that does not have injectors to begin with?

I have thought of a couple ways, but won't work for various reasons. High speed gas engine so I dought a magnet and reed switch or similar type would work do to float.

An electric feul pump can feed the injector fine, 12V will fire the injector fine I beleave. So how would I trigger 12V at high speeds easily at a specific time?

Thought about getting one of those fancy inductive timming lights that flash on the #1 plug and connect to the battery for the 12V input. Problem, I probably want the injector to fire before the plug does for a single piston engine, and I don't want to try using 6 of those for a V6 either :(

Any suggestions? Thinking about tapping into the wire to the distributor or coil for the V6 or V8 engines. But of course I don't want to kill the ignition system doing it either.

I have some thoughts, but I am sure there are better ideas out there for fast cheap and easy and reliable that I am over looking.

Thanks

« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 06:48:37 AM by (unknown) »