Author Topic: Need help for home made power center  (Read 1876 times)

Parameter

Need help for home made power center
« on: September 23, 2004, 06:25:57 PM »
Anyone want to help design the poor man control center with used and available parts? I have a small 400w inverter for my small cabin. I have like 15 or 30 watts of solar pannels and my soon to be made winmill from which I expect 300 watts, max.

Of course, it should be able to be made in many flavors, being simple to beef up. I was thinking about using car fuses receptacles for small 12v circuits and a diverter circuit using the relays on this board to control charging and dump the over flow to resistive charges. Using commonly available parts or maybe a couple computer power supply and old radios. The sensing circuit could be found on the net but I wonder how you guys do it?

I made a foam cutter using a tranformer from a 1975 radio with amp. Still got the dead body so it tickles me. These things are trashed nowaday.  

Well, something like Ward's cabin windmill controler...Maybe the Dan's could explain

thanks for any help

Para

« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 06:25:57 PM by (unknown) »

Parameter

Re: Need help for home made power center
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 06:31:19 PM »
Gee, where was I, in the last posts of the control (i did'nt knew we had this section) it is there... Maybe we should just evolve on this post:

http://www.fieldlines.com/story/2004/9/19/222811/657

If you have to vote this, don't vote for it... my fault! lol

Para

« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 06:31:19 PM by (unknown) »

Opera House

Re: Need help for home made power center
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 10:20:43 AM »
It is amazing how some people will beat thier brains into a pulp rather than than hook up 5 wires to an OP AMP.  I don't see how those circuits are usefull for much of anything other than wasting power most of the time.  The trouble with solid state relays is you never know what you are getting inside them. You need a lot of hysteresis.  They are bound to trigger unpredictably near the threshold and cause wierd results. Chances are you never have to wory about overcharging with. I have a faily manual system with only a drop out relay for undervoltage at this time since I can use far more than I can produce with 150W of panels. Looking at a meter twice a say will teach you a lot.  Some circuits you might look at are on www.discovercircuits.com
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 10:20:43 AM by (unknown) »