Author Topic: AIRX vs AIR403 stator coil windings  (Read 1193 times)

dconn

AIRX vs AIR403 stator coil windings
« on: July 15, 2004, 04:55:50 PM »
Hi All
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 04:55:50 PM by (unknown) »

dconn

Re: AIRX vs AIR403 stator coil windings
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 05:02:00 PM »
For some reason when I posted this first time off (hours earlier today - Irish time) the posting disappeared and when (automatically?) into the "controls" section and not visible on the home page.  I posted a few more messages too asking why this happened but they disappeared and went into the rants & opinon section.  This time I'm testing by posting this message and then posting a "comment" on to the basic message - I think this is what jerry has had to do?

4KW has already replied to this query (he must have been quick originally: http://www.fieldlines.com/story/2004/7/15/5611/39290) - Actually 4KW I've been thinking a bit more: I think the windings of an AIRX must be DELTA with the three wires being the sides of the triangle - the two wires on each connection couldn't be double-winding for 12/24 volt use if it was STAR winding because of the common ground in the center or the STAR setup?  (just my thoughts - might be wrong).

There is the original message -

Hi All

Does anyone know which coil endings on a AIR 403 stator relate to which endings on a AIR X stator? both have 3 1/2 mm ring connectors but the AIR 403 has four connectors and two of these connectors have two wires while the other two have one coil ending wire each while the AIR X stator has three connectors, each with two coil end wires each. The four connectors on the AIR403 stator are colour coded: Green, Yellow, While & Black while the AIR X stator connections are numbered 1, 2 and 3.

AIR 403 Stator:

Green: 2 wires

Yellow: 2 wires

White: 1 wire

Black: 1 wire

AIR X Stator:

# 1: 2 wires

# 2: 2 wires

# 3: 2 wiers

I am interested to see if anyone knows which colours on the AIR403 wires match which numbers on the AIRX wires. I'm guessing that two coloured connectors on the 403 stator should match one numbered connector on the AIRX layout.

Thanks for any information.

Derek

« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 05:02:00 PM by (unknown) »