Author Topic: Question for nothing to lose re: vector charger  (Read 989 times)

chux0r

Question for nothing to lose re: vector charger
« on: November 08, 2004, 12:27:49 PM »
I guess there's no way to contact individual people on this board... hm... anywho, this question is for nothing to lose (of course anyone may comment!):

Some time ago, you mentioned you bought a Vector "smart" charger which claims to do reconditioning (presumably pulsing).  I recall you had a significant handful of dead batteries to attempt to revive.  Do you have any results to report yet?

I'm wondering because I have a couple of "under-performing" Trojans, and the vector units seem to be the most "ready to buy" chargers out there, so if you indicate it works fairly well, I'll grab one.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 12:27:49 PM by (unknown) »

ibedonc

Re: Question for nothing to lose re: vector charge
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 02:14:46 PM »
the one that I have only works with 12 v batteries , and and not seen one for 6 v

do you have 12v trojans or the 105 6 v ?

« Last Edit: November 10, 2004, 02:14:46 PM by (unknown) »

chux0r

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 03:46:22 PM »
I have 2 6V batteries, so I'm using them in series with a 12V charger.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 03:46:22 PM by (unknown) »

nothing to lose

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 04:12:21 AM »
Hmm been along time, sorry, just saw this.

Way too late, but I seem to be liking the Victor smart charger though there are things I also do not like. It seems to be working on reviving batteries as far as I can tell. Not all of them, some are hopeless of course.

I don't like the fact it shuts off when the power goes off and has to be manually started again when the power comes back on. It gives false reading and shuts off with error mesages about the battery being junk if it's totally dead. Like leave the car lights on over night this stupid charger will not charge the dead battery. Jump start the car or charge the battery some with jumper cables, THEN this charger will work great.

I recommend the charger, but I would much preffer a good old  fashioned manaul charger that had a desulfate pulse mode if I could find one. Something that when you turn it on it works, and if the power goes off it starts working agian atoumataclly when the power comes back on. This digital junk is for the birds.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 04:12:21 AM by (unknown) »