Author Topic: Wiring coils in Star  (Read 1908 times)

Shadow

Wiring coils in Star
« on: January 22, 2005, 06:08:47 PM »
Is this the proper diagram to follow for wiring 3 phase coils?.. Are all coils layed downwith windings going same direction? How are the final connections made for Star?. I want to mould all wires and connections inside resin, just have brass posts protruding. Thanks for any help.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 06:08:47 PM by (unknown) »

Chiron

Re: Wiring coils in Star
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 11:12:23 AM »
Looks right to me.

For a star or Wye output, connect A, B, abd C together, outputs ar on XYZ with the ABC point being common or ground.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 11:12:23 AM by (unknown) »

picmacmillan

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 01:01:12 PM »
what i did was use the drawing you have.....i did three phase also.....i used three 35 amp bridge rectifiers.....i hooked each of my start wires to an ac connection on the bridge rectifiers.....i took all three finish wires and put them to an ac connection on the bridge rectifiers.....i then took a jumper wire from all 3 negative connections on the bridge rectifiers and the same thing with the positive connection on the bridge rectifiers...so these two wires gave me a positive and a negative wire which goes down the pole...pickster

« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 01:01:12 PM by (unknown) »

picmacmillan

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 01:06:07 PM »
i hope the picture doesn't confuse you ...what you can see is the black jumper wire at the front of the picture...this is attached to all three negative terminals on the rectifiers....the white jumper wire is attached to all three positve terminals on the rectifiers....other than that, all the other input and output wires go to the ac terminals...the white and black wires to the right of the photo are my postive and negative exit wires and they go down the pole to a on/off switch...that leads to the batteries....pickster
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 01:06:07 PM by (unknown) »

picmacmillan

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 01:12:52 PM »
sorry to post again but i forgot to give you an answer to your question....yes this is how you wire it in star...all the coils should be laid in the same manner...you have to test them with a volt meter to see how many ohms of resistance are in each coil...whatever your first reading is, then you go to the next one, if it is higher, then you are doing it right...if the reading is lower, then you have to turn the coil upside down as it would be wrong...so, what you have is for three phase star configuration....i would suggest you go to a post by ifred  on "Solar and large amp rectifyering stuff" (that i how it is spelled) it has some good diagrams and there is some comments and photo's of just what you're looking for....you're on the right track.........pickster

« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 01:12:52 PM by (unknown) »

picmacmillan

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 04:08:48 PM »
i made a mistake after reading my post and rechecking....all is good with the wiring all the coils together but after they are done, you have three inputs and three outputs...all three inputs are tied together and all the rest i said is the same as above post...sorry if it messed you up..i also am going to do what dan does and put my x,y,z, wires across both ac connections on the rectifiers....pickster
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 04:08:48 PM by (unknown) »