Author Topic: simple rectifier question  (Read 896 times)

picmacmillan

simple rectifier question
« on: February 02, 2005, 04:14:36 PM »
i have been through this a bunch of times and i would ask someone to be patient with me just one more time.....i built 2 gennies both 12 volt, both 3 phase...the problem lies in the start-finish wires on the stator...i am confused which set of wires is soldered together...

1. 1st genny has all three start wires going to rectifiers and the finish wires are all solderd together and taped.(don't go anywhere)
  2. 2nd genny has all three finish wires going to rectifiers and the start wires are all soldered and taped up.(don't go anywhere)

in conclusion- does it matter, or is one of the above correct and the other incorrect?, or does it matter?

sorry i have information overload and not sure if the information i have collected is good information or not, so the past posts cannot be used for this...thanks again... pickster

« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 04:14:36 PM by (unknown) »

johnlm

Re: simple rectifier question
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 10:04:13 AM »
Pic,

It doesn't matter whether the starts are all common or the ends are all commonly tied together (in this WYE (star) arrangement).  Just as long as the coils are laid down the same way so that you dont get the phasing wrong.

john
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 10:04:13 AM by (unknown) »

picmacmillan

Re: simple rectifier question
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 10:18:15 AM »
thanks johnlm....then both are right...i am going to try and get maybe 20' of pipe and make a small tower to test these things...pics will follow...thanks...pickster
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 10:18:15 AM by (unknown) »