Author Topic: Building solar Panel  (Read 956 times)

(unknown)

Building solar Panel
« on: October 07, 2005, 01:29:20 AM »
I have purchased a solar cell set with limited instructions.  How do you determine + from -, the directions say top and bottom.  What I see is a purple side with silver lines one end has a perpendicular line going along the end and there is a wider perpendicular line going up the middle.  The other side is gray with a silver perpendicular line going up the middle.  Any help is appreciated..
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 01:29:20 AM by (unknown) »

pyrocasto

Re: Building solar Panel
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 08:07:23 PM »
If you do a search on this board you will find lots of threads on building these things. On my website which is linked below also has a quick guide.

Basically, the purple shiney side is the top, which collects sun light and turns it into electricity. The top(purple) is negative and the bottom(gray) is positive.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 08:07:23 PM by (unknown) »

Tom in NH

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 10:06:23 PM »
Welcome to the club, Irishman. Get yourself a nice multimeter. You're going to need it in this hobby. It will tell you things like which side is which. Which cells are good and which are duds. How many amps you're getting out of a cell, and other vital information for panel builders. --tom
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 10:06:23 PM by (unknown) »

rajesh

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 06:34:54 AM »
PL GO THROUGH ESSN NEWS LETTER OF UPTO OCTOBER 2005. AND REBELWOLF.COM. YOU WILL GET ALL THE INFORMATION YOU WANT.

ANY OTHER HELP PL CONTACT ME AGAIN ON IRC CHAT OR E MAIL

REGARDS

RAJESH
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 06:34:54 AM by (unknown) »