Author Topic: Load Sensor Light ??  (Read 939 times)

(unknown)

Load Sensor Light ??
« on: January 08, 2006, 08:29:38 PM »
[Editor has no idea how this relates to RE or this board but since you complained it was reinstated]

I am looking for a sensor I can buy to use to  let me know when my submersible sump pump is running .I would like something I could plug into an electrical outlet,and then plug the sump pump into it via a three pronged 110 plug . I then would like to run a wire to a remote location from the device and connect an led bulb . When the pump runs the light would be lit.This is a sealed submersible pump so I don't want to try and connect a light from the switch . I have seen some devices such as the Amwatt appliance load tester that measure loads on an LCD screen , but they do not have an led . You would have to stand and stare at the LCD and wait for the pump to start,this is why I need a bulb...If any one knows of a load sensor I can buy that meet the requirements please let me know the manufacturer , model , what it is called and where I can find one.    

Thanks,Rick              

« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 08:29:38 PM by (unknown) »

Nando

Re: Load Sensor Light ??
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 02:16:15 PM »
IF your pump is AC voltage driven, then a simple circuit to read the current is what is needed.

I am attaching a circuit without resistors values because I do not know what you have as a pump and what is the operating current at no load and at full load.

The diodes could be 1N4004 or a quad 400 volts rectifier at least 0.2 amps or greater.

You may use a small transformer, from 2 watts to abut 10 watts with room in the center leg to insert a wire to form one or two turns.

The connections to the power is the one or the two turns and the secondary or primary of the transformer maybe used to produce the desired voltage under a defined resistance load.

I need to know the transformers voltages and the pump data sheet to tell you what to use as resistors (load and LED)

Nando

« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 02:16:15 PM by (unknown) »

(unknown)

Re: Load Sensor Light ??
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 08:56:05 PM »
Nando,

Thank you for trying to help . As you might guess by my request I don't have a background in electrical circuits and wiring .Although I know just a little more than an average person , this is beyond my ability . This is why I asked if anyone had knowledge of such a ready made device . I will copy your idea and save it , if no one comes up with a place to buy it perhaps I can find someone to utilize your idea.                                   Thanks Again,

Rick
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 08:56:05 PM by (unknown) »