Author Topic: voltage mointer design needed  (Read 1048 times)

bahnfeldt

voltage mointer design needed
« on: January 26, 2007, 08:27:41 AM »
can any one help me with building a ajustable switching output off battery volatge

i would use this switching output for start stopping genset with a two wire input to its engine control unit

i have been looking a compartier circuits but these seem complex for this task

i was woundering if there is a simple way out to say switch a output when voltage on battery banks is 23.5 volts dc and switch another output at say 28.3 volts dc

(nomail 24 volt system)

i know that some inverters have these inbuilt mine does not but it seems to be areal nice feature to have

i know all i have to do is flick the stiwch in the house but i love automatation and any thing that confuses the missus

« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 08:27:41 AM by (unknown) »

CompDoc

Re: voltage mointer design needed
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 05:54:06 AM »
If the two outputs are of a `toggle configuration' (i.e. both are never to be ON at the same time and both are never OFF at the same time) then in my files you will find a load controller schematic built around a simple 555-timer chip, which will do this task perfectly.  The PCB is single sided copper-clad for ease of construction, and includes a speed/RPM circuit that you may wish to omit as it is optional and independent of the charge/load controller.  For your needs you would use a simple double-through relay.  The schematic has all the documentation included.  The triggering-voltages are well within your needs.  A posting with additional info is here; http://www.fieldlines.com/comments/2006/10/3/215354/941/4#4

When the batt-voltage falls below the `trigger' set-point, the relay is OFF (de-energized), and stays this way until the batt-voltage rises to the `threshold' set-point, then the relay is ON (energized) and stays this way until the `trigger' set-point is reached, etc.  You may wish to use a double-poll double-through relay to gain electrical separation of the switching circuits, or what ever you wish to accomplish.

Doc.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 05:54:06 AM by (unknown) »

bahnfeldt

Re: voltage mointer design needed
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 06:16:36 PM »
thanks doc i will build this and see how it works
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 06:16:36 PM by (unknown) »