Author Topic: How to connect a wind generator or anything else to a solar grid tie inverter?  (Read 900 times)

jxc582

I am repairing a xantrex st2500. I only have about 150 watts of solar power and was thinking about supplementing with wind power. My idea is if I hook up the wind mill to some batteries in series (say 48v) and the grid tie to the battery bank it should be ok. I am fixing it now, it was bought broke and I don't want to have to fix it again. I know I cant just put the windmill right to it.

The voltage for the grid tie inverter is 42v - 75v and it takes up to 2500w.

I was aslo wondering about this nominal DC input range. Does that mean each power source must be atleast 42V or does the total of each need to be 42V or greater? Do they all need to be the same voltage or amperage?

I have the user manual but it is unclear to me. If anyone thinks they can help and want to read it, I can email it.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 12:05:11 AM by (unknown) »

coldspot

Re: How to connect a wind generator or anything el
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 03:09:59 AM »
I'd love to read it!

good luck

:)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 03:09:59 AM by (unknown) »
$0.02

jxc582

Re: How to connect a wind generator or anything el
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 04:31:56 PM »
Found out each input must be 48v. That will be tough to work with considering my cells are only .55 v at 6 amp and a windmill doesn't typically put out that high of voltage. I think the battery thing would work ok though.Maybe I can set up a couple of relays to controll the thing.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 04:31:56 PM by (unknown) »