Author Topic: Wireless Sensor Networks  (Read 865 times)

ert345

Wireless Sensor Networks
« on: January 30, 2008, 03:21:28 PM »
Hi guys,

I am supervising a project entitled "Automated Farm Management". The idea is that a central computer will wirelessly gather data from sensors and control actuators via relays. I have done a bit of research which might be of interest to you:

There are quite a few commercial products in the form of a board which contains a RF communication module at 2.4GHZ or 900MHz to communicate over a distance of about 200,300 m to a computer. This board contains sensors whose data is transmitted to the central computer. Many boards can be placed around the farm.

I find the idea fascinating as the remote living enthusiast can only benefit from all this data collection, plus security applications.

The possibilities are endless: robotic egg picker, monitoring of livestock, soil moisture, security, water well monitoring, etc.

I will post more details as the project develops.

all the best,

andreas,

cyprus

Moved to a more appropriate section.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 03:21:28 PM by (unknown) »

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes
Re: Wireless Sensor Networks
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 09:32:11 AM »
Also look at this:

www.sunspotworld.com

Java-based, looks good for remote sensing and loading your own code, etc, etc...

Rgds

Damon

« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 09:32:11 AM by (unknown) »
Podcast: https://www.earth.org.uk/SECTION_podcast.html

@DamonHD@mastodon.social

Chagrin

Re: Wireless Sensor Networks
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 01:50:16 AM »
If you're looking for inexpensive you should look to 1-wire networks. Hobbyboards.com has good how-to guides and a store to get you up to speed on the costs.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 01:50:16 AM by (unknown) »