Author Topic: Aims inverter just broke  (Read 964 times)

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
Aims inverter just broke
« on: November 05, 2008, 12:46:55 AM »
I was trying to answer an email, when my browser said it couldn't connect to Google.

So I glanced over at the dsl box and the lights were all off. The wall wart was hot to the touch, and a quick check showed it was dead. I checked the multistrip voltage and it was almost 150.  I quick unplugged the adapter to my laptop. It's okay apparently because it will work with any voltage from 110 to 240 ac.

I'm running the dsl box directly from 12.8 volts dc and apparently that's high enough.

It's less than a year old, I'll have to check my reciepts and see if it's worth returning. I'm not sure I want another one. There was no warning and the inverter still appears to be working correctly, except that it puts out 150 volts instead of 120.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 12:46:55 AM by (unknown) »

Nothing40

Re: Aims inverter just broke
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 08:24:12 PM »
Most DSL/ethernet modems and routers will run from 12Vdc. I've been running my DSL modem and router from 12Vdc for a couple years,and before that it was my dial-up modem,and hub.

Alot of these devices have voltage regulators inside that feed the circuitry,so usually you can feed it 12V just fine,because it gets regulated down inside.

Not sure what to tell you about the inverter. That's kind of odd.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 08:24:12 PM by (unknown) »