Author Topic: KIPOINT Inverter  (Read 2773 times)

Crusader

KIPOINT Inverter
« on: February 11, 2009, 10:52:03 PM »
   I was looking on EBAY and found these inverters on there. I was interested in the 8000 Watt,48VDC  120-240VAC unit for the 10 footer. Would any of you guys have some insight to this inverter as a good candidate for my system build? Does it look comparible to a Xantrex(directed at those who know this stuff better than I)? It does to me but I might be missing something. Thanks Greg
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 10:52:03 PM by (unknown) »

ruddycrazy

Re: KIPOINT Inverter
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 02:45:32 AM »
G'day Greg,

I bought a 3kw 9kw surge kipoint puresine inverter about 3 years ago and that is my RE machineshop power house inverter. About the only thing it wont run is my 2.5hp aircon and my lincoln caddy welder. Before I bought it I compared the spec's to my house inverter which is a Selectronic 2400watt puresine inverter. The kipoint came very close and the 4 watt standyby current is what really sold it for me.

If the selectronic inverter on the house ever went south I'd have no hessitations on putting the kipoint in it's place. My only real regret is when I bought mine they didnt have a 48 volts inverter so 24 volt is what I bought.

I'm sure if you contact them directly they will deal with you outside of ebay and it will workout cheaper. Depending on your location do be prepared for customs though. Here in Oz they didnt have a import code for RE inverters and I got stung an extra $450 in custom fees. But @ $1900 deliverd it is still a good inverter that has stood the test of time.

One other thing which I found out the inverter does have short circuit protection on the output without causing any harm to the inverter. I'm sure if you contact them via email they will work closely with you and make an inverter to suit your requirements.

Cheers Bryan

Note: I'm just a happy user and have no affilation with Kipoint and I will tell anyone these inverters are good value for money....

« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 02:45:32 AM by (unknown) »

Crusader

Re: KIPOINT Inverter
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 07:22:24 AM »
Thanks Bryan,  I think I may give them a try.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 07:22:24 AM by (unknown) »