Author Topic: LOL update.... Magic Smoke Again!  (Read 1550 times)

freejuice

LOL update.... Magic Smoke Again!
« on: August 07, 2011, 05:21:06 PM »
Well I replaced the tosted Fets in the AIMS inverter and when I flipped the DC breaker the same three fets.....cchhhrrr shhshshsh.
I flipped the DC breaker off, the fired the inverter back on and amazingly it still works but at reduced output....lol, but I cant trust the beast anymore...so I'm going to spring for an Outback inverter....one of those models which is a completely sealed up "can"...I think it was this summer humidity which toasted my AIMS inverter in the first place.
So I don't want to take any chances on roasting an Outback vented model.

Oh well, time to scour the internet for pricing.

12AX7

Re: LOL update.... Magic Smoke Again!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 11:24:22 PM »
a couple of months ago I saw an auction on E-bay.   "Magic Smoke in a Can"   It had several days left and the current bid was way more than the depth of my pocket.

ax7

freejuice

Re: LOL update.... Magic Smoke Again!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 05:37:31 PM »
a couple of months ago I saw an auction on E-bay.   "Magic Smoke in a Can"   It had several days left and the current bid was way more than the depth of my pocket.

ax7
LOL, that was my inverter..magic smoke in a can...I just didnt know it when I bought it...ever used Esnipe?
 it keeps you out of bidding wars....even if shopping for canned smoke....esnipe does the bidding in the last 6 seconds of the auction

Oh, Wholesale Solar had a good deal on an outback....

Over time I've heard nothing but good things about Outbacks, hopefully this will be my last inverter.....it has a grid tying feature too, which just might come in handy ;D