Notices > Classifieds

Copper wire #12AWG, lots of wire

(1/5) > >>

Boss:
I know there will be some interest in this

Sorry about the focus, but believe me, this wire is real.
My  friend works for a company which manufactures UPSs somehow employing extremely large copper coils and flywheels. Anyway he sent me the spool of #12 AWG wire and I recently asked him how often he gets these 20-30 pounds spool ends. He said the company scraps 2 to 3 spools like this per week!
two to three spools per week which they sell as scrap?
We have to get this product to this group I said
Here I am posting it, I'll make the hook ups or get my buddy to register here so you can trade directly.

Tritium:
 :)  Sounds great. Looking forward to details.

Thurmond

Boss:
Cool I'll make sure he registers and posts some info on how to contact him. I do know he is in Texas, which is a gigantic state so we'll need exact location.
I've got the notify by email  feature switched on, so I will keep an eye on this thread

bob g:
is there 20 or 30 lbs left on the rolls?

and is 12 gauge all he gets?

put me on the list of interested parties, most especially if he has access to lighter gauges as well.

bob g

Boss:
This is the comment he left on my newsletter "We probably end up with around 50-80 lbs a week in scrap.   which is about 2-3 spools of what I sent you.  We just get the scrap copper recycling rate for it so I would be happy to sell it to someone who would use it.
Mackenzie"
I can't recall exactly the pounds as far as shipping either, guess 30 lbs
As far as I know, they use all #12AWG

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version