<< < (2/6) > >>

luv2weld:
artv,
Have you read this????

http://www.sparweb.ca/Forum/AXIAL_FLUX_HowItWorks.pdf

It might help with understanding.

Ralph

artv:
thanks for the replies.........dsmith1427 I found windstuffnow before this site read everything on it ,actually how I found this (links)....so you can all thank Ed for sending me your way lol :)..Ralph I have had this for awhile now too read it several times both very good highly recommend to all newbies.The one real confusing thing about Eds' three phase turbine kit is how he winds the slotted stator, each slot shares reversing coils of same # of turns wouldn't this cause cancelation obviously not because it works but why?

TomW:

--- Quote from: artv on May 08, 2010, 12:28:53 PM ---
 he winds the slotted stator, each slot shares reversing coils of same # of turns wouldn't this cause cancelation obviously not because it works but why?

--- End quote ---

Simply put, it is about how you connect the ends of each coil or coil group.

Basically it doesn't matter what way the coil is wound by swapping the end connections you can change its polarity.

Might look for coil posts mentioning starts and ends

Tom

artv:
Hello TomW ...yes I realize you can reverse flow by reversing leads ....but Ed uses a coil of wire with one start one end ,then criss crosses them in the stator(his three phase turbine kit)...in each slot half the conductors are going one direction ,the other half going the other way....dosen't this contradict the left hand rule??.............artv

Flux:
You only need to consider the coils of one phase. They will be just as in any other single phase machine except that it is a wave winding done with a skein of wire rather than individual coils, the end result is the same.

The other coil side in the slot that you are worrying about is in another phase and the current in it will be displaced in time, that's how 3 phase works. In fact the vector sum of the phase volts at any instant is zero but that doesn't mean that things cancel out in normal operation.  The rectifier swaps the leads round at the appropriate times to keep the load current flowing in the same direction.

Get to understand single phase before worrying about 3 phase.

Flux

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version