Notices > Classifieds

Group buy on windmill rotors & magnets.

(1/2) > >>

drew4justice:
I'm in the market to create an Axial Flux HAWT windmill based on Hugh Pigott's design.
I'm having some rotor parts cut very soon, but I was told that the 4x8 sheet of 1/4" CRS needs to be ordered and if I order 7 sets of rotors (consuming the sheet), the price would be reduced.
The rotors are shown in the link below.  Please understand I am not a draftsman.  The qty is in () at the top of each part.  The entire set includes: (2) 12" rotor plates, 1 with 4 1/2 inch holes, another with 8.  (2) hubs, both with 1/2" lug holes, one with a 2.75 center hole.  (1) stator mount w/1.25 center hole.  (1) magnet template for 2x1 magnets. (1) 3" dia. disc, and (1) 2.75" dia disc.   One item that is not shown in the photo is a bracket to weld the posts together and hold the furling unit off at the proper angle.   Everything here is cut from 1/4" steel and can be shipped to your door for $130! IF I get enough orders.

As for the magnets, we can get them for $5.60/ea if we order over 100 pcs!!

If you're interested in this group purchase, please send me your contact information, including address and phone so I can keep track of everyone.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc320/drewbad/rotors.jpg

RP:
Kinda reminds me of this offering by our hosts:

http://69.175.14.181/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_30&products_id=175&osCsid=f52ff6a31c94dbe4fe4ab1b5aaf1b59d

drew4justice:
It is not unlike that.  But wow, I didn't mean to introduce any type of contention or competition.   I am trying to help myself and others get started.  I'm excited to build this system.  To host: If my post was inappropriate, please remove if necessary.

Drew

TomW:

--- Quote from: drew4justice on May 11, 2010, 07:39:35 PM --- To host: If my post was inappropriate, please remove if necessary.

Drew

--- End quote ---

Drew;

No worries;l

Tom

Boss:
Our group may be interested if we can get the cash together.
How can you suggest shipping  cost when when you haven't said where you are? Or know where we are?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version