Notices > Classifieds

Group buy on windmill rotors & magnets.

<< < (2/2)

drew4justice:
I'm keeping it simple--I built in a flat $30 shipping rate.  I'm sure I'll eat some cost in some shipments, but will probably over estimate in others.  so far, I have 4 responses.  2 haven't sent addresses yet, but the others are from WV and FL.  With the weight of the metal, I'm sure it'll be close to $30 from OH to FL and not far off from OH to WV.  I will also have a four and a half hour round trip drive to pick the parts up so I'm calling the $30 shipping "fair".  (I don't have the exact weight, but I produced a set last year but I had to sell them due to personal finances.  It was considerable weight.)  I'm ready to try it again and this (group buy) is a way to lower to cost for me and everyone else.  I paid much more last year for a single set and never even made it around to purchasing the magnets, hub or wire.
Here's a photo of 4 of those 9 parts: http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc320/drewbad/rotors2-1.jpg

Thank you,

Drew

DamonHD:
Hi,

There are quite a few non-US members of this board.  Possibly worth being clear if you intend to include or exclude them.  I'm assuming exclude but I may be wrong...

Rgds

Damon

drew4justice:
Oh yes!  Quite right, this is for the CONUS area only.  I can't ship overseas.   Well, I guess I could but it would probably be a very great cost.  

Thank you for asking and clearing that up.  I appreciate it.

luv2weld:
Drew,
You mentioned a magnet template.
And you said everything is cut from 1/4 inch steel.
Really not a good idea to have a magnet template made of steel!!!!
Should be something non-magnetic, like plastic, aluminum, wood, etc.

Ralph

drew4justice:

--- Quote from: luv2weld on May 12, 2010, 10:59:30 AM ---Drew,
You mentioned a magnet template.
And you said everything is cut from 1/4 inch steel.
Really not a good idea to have a magnet template made of steel!!!!
Should be something non-magnetic, like plastic, aluminum, wood, etc.

Ralph

--- End quote ---

Agreed.  It is to be used as a template to trace on wood or other material.  It was easy enough for my fabricator to cut so I thought I'd include it. 

Thank you Ralph.

Drew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version