Author Topic: Inductance Question  (Read 1675 times)

artv

Inductance Question
« on: May 19, 2010, 07:38:21 PM »
when the rotors spin and create current flow ,do the outer edges of the coil induce current flow on the inner part of same coil leg,and do they induce flow on other leg as well, all within one coil?..............artv

wpowokal

• Far North Queensland (FNQ) Australia
Re: Inductance Question
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 11:50:29 AM »
http://www.physics.upenn.edu/courses/gladney/phys151/lectures/lecture_mar_17_2003.shtml

One of the problems with this style of board rating is it encourages people to post multiple posts all about the same question just to raise their "social standing".

This question has been asked and answered, a number of times, it may escape some peoples notice that they can ask for a clarification on their question and it jumps to the top of the list or near to it, which keeps the question and other answers in one place, to me it is no wonder the poster is so confused.

Artv, the magnetic rotors induce a voltage (electro magnetic force" EMF") in the coil, if there is a circuit then a current will flow (electrons) the magnet needs to cut the coil at an angle ideally right angle (for maximum induction) the "top and bottom" of the coil are necessary to complete the circuit, they do not contribute to the  induced voltage but are necessary to complete the circuit.

Apologies to all other board members for answering this I know it was best left unanswered, I for one do not know how to impress on  this poster the need to read, particularly already answered questions ,and research then ask for clarification. I seem to have used all my spoons.

Perhaps this should be in Rants?
A gentleman is man who can disagree without being disagreeable.

bob g

• 8.8kwatt idi diesel thermal conversion unit
    • microcogen.info
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 03:11:09 PM »
Art:

in my opinion, you have come across the single best resource on the planet when it comes to DIY windpower,
and those that own, support, and frequent this board are among the most patient folks anywhere on the net.

it has been suggested that you get a few books, or do some search function on this forum, otherwise you might find
that you are wearing folks patience very thin.

i am a member of numerous forums, (like most folks) and i have to tell you the professional boards would have thrown you out
the door long before now.

its ok to ask questions, but to re-ask questions that clearly have been answered here, or could be found in any book is really
asking for others to go the extra mile, over and over again.

please get the book i referred you to several weeks ago, look at it as an investment in your education, it will answer 99.9% of the questions
you are likely to ever think of in my opinion, and you will over time learn a lot from it.

respectfully

bob g
research and development of a S195 changfa based trigenerator, modified
large frame automotive alternators for high output/high efficiency project X alternator for 24, 48 and higher voltages, and related cogen components.
www.microcogen.info and a SOMRAD member

artv

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 08:14:12 PM »
If I put two opposing magnets face to face ,..pass a wire through it will it create flow???....but in a homopolar flow??..push all the electrons to one side ,....holes or positive to the other side..........artv

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 11:52:55 PM »
It will create VOLTAGE.

If there is a place for current to flow, then it will create flow.
G-
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller