Homebrewed Electricity > Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Do's and Don'ts for Newbies

<< < (3/4) > >>

greenkarson:

"Second, if you have not built anything yet, please Do Not try to improve on what you do not fully understand."

Chuckled when i read that.  My grandfather was a oldtime boat builder in Newfoundland.  He used to tell me the story about building boats .  Everybody that came by while he was working had a suggestion how to improve his boats in one way or another.  So finally he started a new boat and followed everybodys suggestions that came by. Long story short first storm the boat sank in the harbor.  So after that anybody that came by with a suggestion while my grandfather was working.  He would stand up point out across the harbor and say "your boat is out there"

seilertechco:
Sorry but my joy comes from pushing the state of the art and that is not always following the tried and proven.   I don't recommend that anyone else try it.  Some of my work is patentable because of unique combinations, but after a few trips to DC, watching the Asian representatives taking patents for the cost of a copy, I decided NO Patent on anything. 

I probably spend 4x the normal research before picking up the welder.  I've done it for my technical company clients, working out problems that they may have reached roadblocks on, now for 30 years. 

For example, in sawmill bandsaws, I run blades at twice the tension of any known saw and do not fatigue the ultra thin blades.  In gasification I work with reformation, breaking water bonds to form high hydrogen and CO gas. I make high security pneumatic jail locks for older jails and in my windmill, I'm working on electro-permanent magnets that I believe will enable a wider operating range from cut in to max output. I worked on one of the first Vari-easy Rutan airplanes made from plans, so feel confident in the blade master (to make the mold from) I'm working on now.   

So I'm sorry if I ask a redundant question or one that does not make sense.  But I find that my joys are first in learning, then trying to push the state of the art (working for myself).  I may be a newbie to this forum but I've been working with new designs since 1974 in the enginering lab at Square D...so have some experience to draw from. 

Best regards,  Toby     

Bruce S:
Toby;
 Those were put there for a number of reasons.
In the past people came here asking questions that ARE here in the FAQs, then mostly without any research on their part started arguing with the Admins and people who knew/know the max energy formulas by heart and , could not convince the newbie that 99% of the stuff they found on the web and "other" websites was mostly rubbish at best.
Here with mods and Admins around the world, normally we can catch them and will PM them the errors of their ways. IF they choose NOT to listen to reason, then they get to be in a "read-only" mode to hopefully get a better understanding.
You've posted some of the stuff that you've done and accomplished, good on you, but the main thing we ask.
Try some of the stuff that has proven to work not just in one instance, but around the world by many, some with nothing more than a hammer ( made from an old jeep leaf-spring) and a bellows fire.
Then go push the envelope, we'll be right here to help and cheer you on.

Cheers
Bruce S

seilertechco:
My posts seem to just disappear.  What a waste of time.

Bruce S:

--- Quote from: seilertechco on April 16, 2012, 07:02:10 PM ---My posts seem to just disappear.  What a waste of time.

--- End quote ---
Then you're doing something wrong, we've not had any problems with posts disappearing in a long time (2 upgrades ago). Only other reason would be if a MOD of GM Or owner found it to be offensive or OverUnity nonsense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version