Remote Living > Transportation

My scrap made 300 dollar scooter!

(1/3) > >>

XeonPony:
Well as any good scrounger knows when it comes to a 3 speed bike hub and a healthy looking scooter the possibilities are endless!

I found a 500w electric bike at a recycling yard for sale for 100 dollars grabbed that, discarded the heavy bike frame and took a hammer to the scooter to make the 3 speed hub fit in, respoked the 3 speed hub into a kids bick sized wheel, poped out the good ol chain break and snagged the chain from said kids bike.

This is mostly a photo thread but ask questions and they'll be answerd in both photo and words.

Keep in mind this is revision one, I have an identical scooter frame that will be used as the design is debugged and improved, the final system will have springed suspension.

The motor on its old steel bike frame would get me around town at a good speed all day on some half dead 30Ah gell batteries, So on this lighter more efficient fram + gearing my torque to weight ratio will be insanely good!

willib:
That is really cool !!

I had a three speed hub a short while ago , had to let it go  :'(

What speeds have you gotten from it ?

REdiculous:
Cool stuff...approx. weight and speed? What voltage? looks good! :)

XeonPony:
System is 24V, I have yet to get any speed info as I have yet to get my speed controller back ( I lent it to a friend and we're meeting this week end to get it back)

I espect I should be able to get around 20Km/h or better on streight streatches

zap:
Nice build.  That hub... not sure how much torque it will take.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version