Author Topic: Homemade Piston Pump  (Read 15429 times)

harley1782000

• I thought so too.....
Homemade Piston Pump
« on: July 03, 2010, 08:53:51 PM »
Has anyone ever made a piston pump????  I have been looking around on the web, don't really find any.

FishbonzWV

Re: Homemade Piston Pump
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 11:18:59 PM »
Harley,
The last piston pump I bought replaced the vane hydraulic pump on my '53 Ford tractor.
Is that what you are referring to?
Bonz
"Put your brain in gear before you put your mouth in motion"
H.F.Fisher 1925-2007

harley1782000

• I thought so too.....
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 10:52:48 AM »
No, I am looking for one for my old well.  I don't need more than 20 psi.  Just to water plants with.  My father has a small one that he uses but they are getting harder to find.  He has a real old Goulds.

Jim

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 09:46:09 PM »
Do you want the pump on the well or in the well? Manual or electric?  There are plenty of piston pumps on the market, but most are either high pressure (portable pressure washers), or sanitary boosters combined with a diaphram tank, or deep well pumps (ac and dc).

http://store.solar-electric.com/sodcwapu.html   has links to many types of pumps. The deep well submersibles are usually piston pumps.

How big is the well, how deep and how much water do you need to draw?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkArenqapL8   is the Gould one of these?

ruddycrazy

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 06:46:33 AM »
Well here's a DIY piston pump linkhttp://apptechdesign.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/treadle-pump-prototype-spring-20092.pdf it would dead easy to make a 44 gal based vawt to provide power to use this concept....

Warning the PDF is a bout 1 meg for those using twine between trees for net access....

Cheers Bryan

harley1782000

• I thought so too.....
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 09:11:25 PM »
I check out that site with the solar pumps.  Can't afford one of them.  Now with the one that you can build that Ruddy said.  I am going to try that one out.

Jim

harley1782000

• I thought so too.....
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 10:48:04 PM »
Well I completed the piston pump that Rudy found.  Woks pretty good.  Not a bad little pump.  My father and I are working on another design.  His creation.  Says he can make it better than the one we built so we will see.  I will post some pics as soon as I can,  Wait... LOL, as soon as my wife tells me where the camera is again.  LOL, got a wife that likes to move things around too much.

Jim

MaxtorD

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 04:29:28 PM »
Thanks for the update.   We look forward to seeing your photos and results. :)