Author Topic: Dam ICE!  (Read 19912 times)

DanG

• 35 miles east of Lake Okeechobee
Re: Dam ICE!
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2011, 07:09:33 PM »
"refusal to open that link"

I believe they 'self-signed' their security certificate; I chose to not reward them swimming upstream on that one.

Ungrounded Lightning Rod

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2011, 08:51:38 PM »
it appears someone just lost all credibility.
please read this thread: https://www.sciencemadness.org/whisper/viewthread.php?tid=8038

Thanks, joestue.  Any of us that weren't already on a watch list now are after following that link.  B-)

But I do wish you had labeled it "not safe for work - even at lunch hour".  B-b

But I do wish you had labeled it "not safe for work - even at lunch hour".  B-b

The only good thing about Vista is its refusal to open that link.

Windows 7 gave all kinds of H/LL NO you can't open this.
What is on that stie??????

Alright then, I got the Firefox cop telling me that the link is scary dangerous.... so now we need to know, WHAT'S IN THE LINK ??? ??? ???

It points to a discussion board for explosives chemistry hobbyists.  The particular article was kicked off by some guy who had made 30 GRAMS of an acetone peroxide and wants to know, a bit late, how to handle and dispose of it it safely.  Nearly everybody else is telling him that's enough to kill him if it goes off in his hand and that it probably will and that it's too touchy to be useful.

The browser may be complaining because they are using a self-signed certificate for https or because somebody's protect-the-kiddies censorware thinks you shouldn't visit sites with how-to info on explosives.

HiddenMountain

• It takes power to make power
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2011, 09:09:10 PM »
Yep, that was my first thought, keep the el-cia-duh types from figuring out the boom boom stuff...  ::)

I want to take this opportunity to say that high explosives and chemical ice melting compounds won't be implemented around here.  :P

I manage to mangle and generally eff up far simpler things. Playing with explosives could get me sent to Heaven a wee bit sooner than I want...  :o

Thanks for being the brave soul who dared to venture into forbidden territory for your mates ULR, your fearless bravery and selfless sacrifice is dully noted.  8) ;D
Energy Systems & Design Stream Engine, 30A @ 24V, 750W 
Magnasine MS4024P AE
4 450AH Rolls Surrette
2 Xantrex 60A Charge controllers
Power, by God!

I hope they never find a cure for Eleutheromania