Author Topic: Tumblig MAgnet Genny  (Read 1507 times)

wdyasq

Tumblig MAgnet Genny
« on: January 24, 2004, 11:24:56 AM »

Pictured are the involved objects; a coil of wire - 45 turns around a small PVC "cage"; a 1/2" sphere inside the cage; a magnet rotor made of 2" nylon with 4 magnets placed N-S-N-S; a Mulitmeter.

I set the meter to capture maximum volts AC and got an impressive 140mV.  Having used ~20 guage wire to avoid frying the coil with the massive power I was anticipating, I then switched to the mA range and caught numbers there - a not so solid ~8mA.

But, then again, I have some neat spherical magnets and I know not to try this again.

Ron

« Last Edit: January 24, 2004, 11:24:56 AM by (unknown) »
"I like the Honey, but kill the bees"

iwico

Re: Tumblig MAgnet Genny
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 05:26:09 AM »
Hi Ron Brown<p>
 I am thinking about magnet ball before, but I am worry about

the friction area will be larger than button magnet if you use a round coil.

To reduce the friction area, if ball magnet, the coil charmber must square shape. If the button or spuare magnet, the coil charmber must round. This is my

thinking. Of course if put some machine oil in the charmber will help the tumbling movement.<p>
 Other thing I think to do are: If we  can make the magnet floot(may spelling wrong) on some kind of liquid or even in air, the tumbling speed will much fast,

power output will stronger.<p>
Mr Q Gang

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 06:36:15 AM by TomW »

artv

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 09:41:37 PM »
Tom W or Kurt ...........have been told to search.when I find something I can't look at it......I just get a red x right click"show picture" dosen't work........lots of old stuff doesn't load.......some does.....newer stuff loads pretty good ,but not always..........wuld really like to see these pics ..........artv

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 03:46:04 AM »
Artv,

When you get one of those attachments that won't display, save it to local disc and view it from there.  A pain, but seems to be a feature of how this board now handles images.

If you're not offered that option when you click on the link normally, try right-clicking instead.

Rgds

Damon
Podcast: https://www.earth.org.uk/SECTION_podcast.html

@DamonHD@mastodon.social

kurt

• website
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 02:25:46 PM »
i explained this in another thread instead of wining and complaining that the photo is gone seems how both the threads you are griping about are by people who still post here perhaps it would be prudent to ask nicely if they still had the photo or a photo of the project in the thread??

BTW. on most message boards it would be amazing if photos still displayed in a thread more than 6 months old both these posts you are complaining about are about 6 years old so you really got nothing to complain about that the photos are missing.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:34:05 PM by kurt »