Author Topic: Air Industrial 303 parts  (Read 1407 times)

mattg

Air Industrial 303 parts
« on: October 07, 2010, 08:51:15 AM »
Hello

I have an Air Industrial 303 turbine in the workshop currently that has a damaged stator (outer coils burnt).

I am aware that this is a common problem with the Air turbines.

Skystream have ceased to stock the stators and cannot advise me of any other suppliers.

Does anyone on here know of a supplier for replacement stators? Shame for the turbine to just sit on the shelf...

Rewinding is an option, but the looks like a fiddly task, involving 3 different wire sizes- after purchasing these and factoring in labour time it wouldnt be cheap- unless someone knows of a quick way of rewinding- the coils are wave wound if that makes any difference.

Im in Scotland, but any leads would be appreciated.
Thanks
matt

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: Air Industrial 303 parts
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 08:55:37 AM »
It is my understanding the 3 wire size stators were a short lived idea.
They soon went back to all the same wire size and turns count.
Probably the medium wire size and turns count would be the best way to rewind it?

Not sure if that helps... but it would be easier.
G-
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 06:45:05 PM »
If you are in Scotland and want a commercial turbine, why not get a Rutland from Marlec. AirX's make annoying sounds, esp. the older ones like your 303.

mattg

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 04:34:44 AM »
Thanks for the info Ghurd- that will make rewinding slightly less of a chore.

Dnix- Im not really looking for a commercial turbine. This one was given to me to fix, but the cost of a new stator was too high for the customer and subsequently it has been sitting on a shelf for a year. I just want to get rid of it, but hopefully in a more productive way then just binning it!

Thanks
Matt