Author Topic: Homebrew Wind Workshop Aug 30 - Sept 3 near Portland  (Read 7126 times)

DanB

• Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • otherpower.com
Homebrew Wind Workshop Aug 30 - Sept 3 near Portland
« on: July 21, 2010, 12:00:24 PM »
This should be a fun one for anybody that might be interested in a week of playing with tools and wind in the North West!  It'll likely be a small group (I'm not sure what the set the limit at).  I'll be there for sure, there is a slim chance George and Scott will come along to help with teaching this one.  Other instructors will be Craig, and Jim - who recently took our course in Wisconsin and have been pressing me to do a similar thing at Clackamas Community College.

Home Built Wind Turbine Seminar. Clackamas Community College, Oregon City, Oregon
Aug.30-Sept. 3.

This course is a week long, 40 hour, hands on seminar covering construction of home built
wind power generators using welding/cutting, drill press and wood cutting hand tools. Students
will participate in construction of a seven and twelve foot blade diameter pair of windmill
power generators. Instruction will include discussions of windmill types, efficiencies, adequate
versus sophisticated designs, and directions for the build projects. The course will use a process
published in "Homebrew Wind Power" by Dan Bartmann & Dan Fink (recommended reading).
Typical attendees are interested in learning about, building or owning a residential windmill.
The cost is $750. To register for this class please contact Deby at the Manufacturing Dept at
debym@clackamas.edu or 503-594-3318.
If I ever figure out what's in the box then maybe I can think outside of it.