Author Topic: I tried the " Cool your house with cold well water thing " and it worked  (Read 64267 times)

ruddycrazy

Re: I tried the " Cool your house with cold well water thing " and it worked
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2010, 07:29:15 AM »
Well with our location this ruddycrazy idea might work, we get indirect mains which comes from the property across the road and the head is around 300ft, just off gravity pressure the hose can spray water over the house. Now I have a 150 ft 3" uncased hole not far from the house so by running the water thru a closed dual pipe in that hole then into a homemade 24 volt swamp cooler should provide plenty of nice cold water. The best part it will only run when the swamp cooler float goes down far enough to want more water. With my new toy turning up in the next couple of weeks (a MF50B backhoe) digging the trench's will be fun while holding a coldie in one hand....

00MrNotWrong00

Re: I tried the " Cool your house with cold well water thing " and it worked
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2010, 01:33:59 PM »
I did one of these as well

But I ran 2oo feet of 1/2 inch pipe down eight feet into the ground and I run my water through it,  so it is kinda a geothermal cooler,  but because I'm on an island the water table is at 6 feet, so the pipe is cooled by ground water.

She puts out 58 degrees ,  all the time ,  I've never run her thermal recovery down ,  to bad my shop isn't insulated (yet).

http://www.instructables.com/id/Cheap-Geothermal-system/?ALLSTEPS

I did an instructable one it if you follow the link above you can see some of what I did,  I'll add new pictures this spring.