Notices > Classifieds

Need Help w/ Generator Electronics

(1/8) > >>

opus1:
I have an issue that I need to get resolved with a DC/AC generator and am willing to pay for some help. I had a previous post but it was removed. I apologize if it was not to spec. I am a real person looking for a real solution and I know this is where the brain trust is on these issues. My buddy that is smarter than I (but not as smart as you guys) sent me here. For details or the best way to proceed, please reach out to me.

wpowokal:
a) whats the problem?
b) this post would be better in Newbies section, will someone please wake a moderator
c) where are you? I don't seem to be able to reach you.
d) this site offers free advice, payments can be made to board owners as donation see donate button above

Allan

TomW:

--- Quote from: wpowokal on August 26, 2010, 06:50:42 PM ---a) whats the problem?
b) this post would be better in Newbies section, will someone please wake a moderator
c) where are you? I don't seem to be able to reach you.
d) this site offers free advice, payments can be made to board owners as donation see donate button above

Allan

--- End quote ---

Allan;

He cross posted this all over the board same text and no actual information Seems he wants to hire someone so I put this one in Classifieds. I wish folks would put some effort into posting clear questions and at least basic information on their questions.

The folks here are exceptionally savvy but I dare say not one of us is even remotely  telepathic.

Anyway I have been explaining myself too much today.

Off to some turbine work.

Tom

wpowokal:
Well at least his post is now classified!

opus1:
I appreciate everyone's help. here is my dilemma:

This concerns a DC/AC generator. The AC side is fine and we need not do anything there.

On the DC side, we have a constant current scenario (complete wiring diagram attached) at around 120 amps.

The generator puts out between 25 and 56 volts. When the engine is running the volts at the 56V end and as a load is applied the volts go down to around 25V under full load.  So, to make sure I am clear (as best I can be as I have not the vocabulary to discuss this properly with you guys)...  The DC side of the GEN puts out 120A at 25.2V with total Watts available at around 3000W.

What we need however, is constant (or close to) voltage at between 24 and 28 volts to run some various aviation equipment. We still need around 80A total, but the volts not go over 28V as it will fry some equipment )or at least blow fuses).

Is there a way we can we rework the existing control box (wiring diagram attached), or put something between the generator and the power bus of equipment, to achieve this (besides a battery bank)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version