Author Topic: Tail Art  (Read 1672 times)

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Tail Art
« on: October 15, 2010, 12:07:59 AM »
Considering what to use for a tail on my next mill... and I've got these two signs that have been found in various states of abandonment...

Thought some of you would get a laugh considering these as "tail art".
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

ruddycrazy

Re: Tail Art
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 04:33:49 AM »
Cool Idea Steven  :P I'll have to find  sign with a kangaroo on it then if people ask i'll just say the kangaroo's here can jump higher than those Texan ones.......

itsandbits

Re: Tail Art
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 09:03:47 PM »
Broken Link Removed - TW

Just going with the tail art concept. I don't have a real picture so just get rid of this if you don't like it
I have some 4x8' aluminum sheet signs that I have used for a variety of hammered profile blades for hawts and vawts and the largest airfoils I have made of them were 48" long and were scary to run at speed because they would dissappear but because of the  rough saw cuts and holes from mounting they would scream like banshees.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 09:11:17 AM by TomW »