Author Topic: golf cart batterys  (Read 2604 times)

ricie

golf cart batterys
« on: August 14, 2010, 05:50:44 PM »
I  have 3 220ah 65lb golf cart batterys if I wanted to take my power off grid or have both how much more ah do u think i need and should i stay with a 12 or go to 24 or higher

Rover

Re: golf cart batterys
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 06:15:01 PM »
You'd need to have 1 more to go 24 ... as far as 12 vs 24 .... really depends on what you want to do with it. Running 12 volt stuff then ok  hten 12 v,  otherwise I'd go higher.
Rover
<Where did I bury that microcontroller?>

ricie

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 06:28:31 PM »
think ill go to 24v, cus  any higher then that the id have to start looking in to new charge controller

thirteen

• Single going totally off grid 1,1, 2013
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 11:03:39 AM »
as a reminder if you get a new battery the older ones may not be equeal to the new one. I'm not sure where the best place to put the new battery would be when hooking them up. End of the bank or the begiining. This site is a good place for good information from good people on systems. Be careful and a pair of safety glasses would not hurt but may save a hurt.
MntMnROY 13

zap

• There's an app for that
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 09:32:02 AM »
I  have 3 220ah 65lb golf cart batterys if I wanted to take my power off grid or have both how much more ah do u think i need and should i stay with a 12 or go to 24 or higher
ricie you are not giving enough information for anyone to provide an accurate answer.
We have no idea what your power needs are so therefore no one can tell you how much more ah you need.
To quote a popular question heard here often... How long is a piece of string? (If that makes no sense... Google it)

WindriderNM

• some days you get the bear some days the gets you
    • WindriderNM
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 07:16:50 PM »
How long is a piece of string?

6 in to short

~~~WindriderNM (Electron Recycler)~~~   
~~~Keep Those Electrons Flowing~~~