Notices > Polls

How big is your battery bank?

<< < (11/12) > >>

frackers:
Currently 1000ahr @ 24v, about to rewire for 48v to drive an Ozinverter :)

When these AGMs die, which may not be long as they now won't get to full float and idle voltage is 25.6v rather than the 26.1v of 4 years ago, I'll be going LiFePo at about the same size i.e. 500ahr+ @ 48v

I've pushed about 67000ahr in and 62000ahr out (92% efficiency) in the time I've had them so that equates to about 1.5megawatt-hrs of useful power. Looking forward to getting the main grid-tie solar system connected in as that has run over 20MW-hrs in less than 3 years.

ruddycrazy:
Got 2 separate systems on the farm, 24 volt 600AH on the house and 24 volt 735AH for my shed running the machine-shop. Both batteries are ex forklift traction packs and with a good full charge we get 3 days on the house and my shed bank is never below 25 volts as that old 2hp wind genny just keeps em topped up.

jlsoaz:
This poll is cool and a lot of people have weighed in with votes, but I think a fair number have commented that it might make more sense in kWh.

I'd like to suggest that someone set up a new poll "How big is your battery bank in kWh?".  Leaving the question first to the original poster, madlabs, to see if they would like to do it.  I'm thinking mor divisions, maybe something like:

<3 kWh
3-6 kWh
6-10 kWh
10-20 kWh
20-30 kWh
30+ kWh

but I don't know.

DamonHD:
Then you also ought to be clear about nominal capacity or usable capacity, I think, given that for most lead-acid users the first will be about twice the second.  (Eg my 400Ah 12V bank is nominally abut 4kWh but usable about 2kWh).

For (say) LiFePO4 users and maybe NiFe the difference is less stark.

Rgds

Damon

Bruce S:
Let's not forget NiCds, my bank of them gets used at 80%
I know these may not be the norm, but there are still very large ones around that can be for home use.
I've not heard from TomW in a long time, but his bank was nearing the 3Kw size of NiCDs and at 80% that would be around 2.4Kw.

Bruce S

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version