Author Topic: ts-60 question  (Read 1774 times)

birdhouse

• Portland, OR USA
ts-60 question
« on: September 11, 2010, 12:29:15 PM »
hello all-
i recently replaced my batteries in my new solar system.  i have two 195w evergreen panels wired in series for 24 volt.  the panels wires go to a morningstar ts-60, then to the battery bank.  the bank consists of four trojan t-125's wired series for 24 volt.  i've heard these don't last quite as long as the tried and true t-105, but it's what i've got. 

so my question has to do with the dip switches (#4,5,6)  in the ts-60 that control the maximum charge voltage and pwm voltage.  i've had trouble finding the voltage specs for the trojan t-125.  i've got them set in the second highest position for a pwm of 14.8v (29.6) and a float of 13.4 (26.8v).  while charging in pwm in the higher percentages i can hear them bubble quite a bit, and in lower percentages of pwm i can hear them barely bubbling.  iirc the max battery voltage shown on the display was 30.1 after two days in the sun. 

does this sound right? 

i thought i read something of the t-125's liking even higher voltage??

i've looked on the trojan site and i can't even find these answers in their pdf's.

thanks in advance for any advice!

adam

« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 12:35:37 PM by birdhouse »

dave ames

Re: ts-60 question
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 01:59:55 PM »
 sounds like you nailed it birdhouse.

a trojan page.
http://www.trojanbattery.com/BatteryMaintenance/Charging.aspx

the ts-60 is running with the temp sensor? some bubbles are good if we are not using excessive water.

not related to this thread but really liked those new anti-theft mounting racks you worked up.

cheers, dave

edit: i see we are a tad high with the float @ 13.4v. trojan is  recommending 13.2
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 02:44:24 PM by dave ames »

birdhouse

• Portland, OR USA
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 03:33:37 PM »
thanks dave! 

that was just the info i was looking for!  good to know i'm within the range!  my set-up is 3 hours from my home, so i won't if i'm using too much water or not, until i head back up. 

thanks for the compliment as well about my panel mounts. 

cheers!
adam

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 03:11:39 PM »
Have you also set it to equalize them monthly?
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca