Author Topic: Breezy 5.5 For Sale  (Read 4079 times)

Tom Sullivan

• U.P. Solar Solutions
Breezy 5.5 For Sale
« on: November 16, 2010, 12:48:14 PM »
*** SOLD  ****
we left the posting up because it's got some interesting pics and content but the turbine has been sold.

I've decided to sell my completed and operational Breezy 5.5.  Midwest winds, at least in my area, are too marginal to support this machine.  If you are in the high end of zone 3, or preferably zone 4-5, this unit should work well for you.  Other than wind resource, my other problems with this machine are able to be fixed.  1; noise from kicking in and out.  Prairie Turbines has a soft start feature that will eliminate this clanging.  2; blade noise.  Sanding the trailing edges of the blades down to a sharp trailing edge has already been documented by another Breezy owner to quiet the blades down.

New pricing on the components I have completed and assembled are as follows; the motor runs $1650, the pre-wired enclosure is $910, the prop shaft, bearings and hub are $460, the yaw bearing is $380 (mine is more robust as well), the slip ring is $360, the Dalton Torque limiter is $545, the frame and tail assy is $985, the blades are $300, putting the total at $5,590 for those components new.  With the special frame I built, not the rather uncomplimentary rectangular box, the fiberglass fitted covers, and the tail art, the cost of this would easily be $6,000 for what I have, if purchased new.

The unit has run for 18 months.  There will need to be a bit of rewiring at the slip ring where I removed it from the tower, and the enclosed control box will need to be wired up too.  It will have be shipped by truck freight, as even the motor alone was too heavy for any other method of shipment.  I will include, in the selling price, prep for shipment (not the actual shipping fee though), so the unit will be ready for pickup by a shipping company upon it's sale.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 10:18:45 AM by DanB »

Tom Sullivan

• U.P. Solar Solutions
Re: Breezy 5.5 For Sale
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 01:06:59 PM »
I have more details about the turbine on Gary Reysa's Build it Solar website, link below.

http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/Wind/TomTurbine/Main.htm

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: Breezy 5.5 For Sale
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 01:35:55 PM »
Not interested in buying but at least now I know where my step ladder wandered off to.  ;D :o

Good luck selling it.

Tom