Author Topic: Dankoff AC SlowPump Motor needed.  (Read 3758 times)

shaniac

Dankoff AC SlowPump Motor needed.
« on: November 27, 2010, 01:06:33 PM »
Does anybody know a good lead on where I can get JUST the motor for my older Dankoff AC Slowpump?  I fear it has shorted out after almost 10 years of reliable use. I changed the brushes, check the slow blow fuse and I seem to have plenty of power at the pump outlet but she just no longer spins.

I have brought her up to the shop to see what i can fond out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

At least it waited till the winter to die, this at least gives me time to breathe.   ;D

Thanks in advance for all your fine suggestions.

SteveCH

Re: Dankoff AC SlowPump Motor needed.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 01:56:51 PM »
I have a Dankoff pump [Flowlight Booster. For 20 yr.] The couple times I've needed something for it, I have been able to get it through a co. called Alternative Energy. I am in no way associated with them other than buying a few things from them. Talk to Bramley at 877.878.4060 ext145, he is the pump guy.

On something like this, I doubt they'd have it in stock, but they have ordered things for me from Dankoff and gotten it to me in a week or so. By the way, I've also spoken directly with the Dankoff folks when I couldn't figure out something. They have been quite helpful, but they do not sell stuff directly and will send you to someone such as AltE to order. They will give you an exact part # though, if you need it. I don't think you do, at this point.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 02:00:19 PM by SteveCH »

shaniac

Re: Dankoff AC SlowPump Motor needed.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 04:17:51 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions!!!! I have a call into Brian at Conergy already, but with Turkey day and all... I don't expect to hear from him till Monday. Yes AltE has been good to me as well, another good call.

I did a little more poking today as it is raining like dats and cogs, and while waiting for a rake in the brain, it looks like I may have a bad bridge rectifier. What is it with me and diodes, they always seem to die on me, does anyone know if this is normal?

I lost one in a solar panels a few years back, my honda generator may have a bad diode block and now the bridge rectifier (four more diodes) in my Dankoff pump croaked. I must be diodeally challenged.   :)

Thanks again for any help folks, I will order a new BR on Monday. At least it is not summer and I have no need for the pump. - Cheers!