Author Topic: Long day with tiny wires, ECMs, and conspiracy theories  (Read 2266 times)

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
Long day with tiny wires, ECMs, and conspiracy theories
« on: September 23, 2011, 02:08:36 AM »
Wires get smaller every year.
My solder guy says my eyes are getting older. 
I still think the wires are getting smaller.
The color bands on resistors, text on TO-92s, even TO-220s, is getting smaller and smaller.

Somebody somewhere decided it would be a good idea to lay wires in motors to befuddle anyone looking at them.
I am certain it was the same guy who decided the wires should get smaller.
Pretty sure he also had a say in how big the text on TO-92s should be printed.
I have a feeling my solder guy is responsable for the whole mess. 
He enjoies it too much when I can't see these new microscopic things without an eye loupe.

Proof?
He said he thought it would be a great idea to do a few ECMs at the same time.
I am certain he knows my eyes can't focus on that little stuff long enough to get the wires sorted out in that many motors.
He gets a kick out of me using an eye loupe and dental pick to sort out wires.   >:(
G-

www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller

rossw

Re: Long day with tiny wires, ECMs, and conspiracy theories
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 02:32:23 AM »
text on TO-92s, even TO-220s, is getting smaller and smaller.

Not only is it smaller, but some clever dick (probably your soldering dude) also suggested that instead of printing in nice, high-contrast colours (like WHITE on the BLACK epoxy), they would print in dark-grey. Or the festive twerp who thought that shiny silver would work well... (on the highly reflective smooth black surface, so when you shine a light on it so you can see the darn thing, all you get is glare!)

Is it still paranoia if the b*stards really ARE out to get us?

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 04:39:49 AM »
Ross;

It is not paranoia when they are out to get you!

I had the same theory about magazines and newspapers on the small font theory. Until I got glasses. Now, after a few short years they are at it again...

Tom

Norm

• Ohio's sharpest corner
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 08:05:06 AM »
I have cataracks (sp?) ...also have astigmatism anyway last year my right eye got cloudy enough
that they suggested a lens transplant...I've always been left eyed probably cause used to be at
best 12/20 in left eye and 8/20 in right eye well anyway after a lens implant I can now see a lot
better with my right eye.....almost fixed my astigmatism in that eye....for some reason they can't
completely fix that......but then they will be able to fix that in the near future for something like
100,000 ? per eye so if you guys live long enough you might someday correct your eyes to 20/20.

It really was fantastic how they can do things these days.....it was painless and with the stuff they
gave me I never blinked during the operation.

Have to go............
Norm.

bj

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 09:29:06 AM »
  I've been using prescription cheaters in my welding helmet for years.  Lately, I've been using the helmet, with reading glasses, for the
really small stuff.  And no, there will not be any pictures.
   Disclaimer:  Do not try this at home.  IF you do, do not try walking with the rig on. ;D
"Even a blind squirrel will find an acorn once in a while"
bj
Lamont AB Can.

12AX7

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 03:49:12 PM »
I've found the same problem when trying to read the Ingredient listings in the grocery stores.  I swear,  they DON'T want you to read them!

ax7