Author Topic: Question for GHurd , new ECM  (Read 1497 times)

Rover

Question for GHurd , new ECM
« on: January 24, 2011, 06:13:52 PM »
OK I have yet another GE ECM, and as always I go back through posts to see if there is anything new. This time it wasn't something new but raised a question.
My  new ECM is the 1 HP flavor , and I'm going to the Jerry rig with each phase split into 2 series sets of 3 coils and then parallel the sets, something I've done before. Then I found a post on here linking me to this picture http://s701.photobucket.com/albums/ww20/ghurd1/ECM%20Conversion/?action=view&current=PICT0376.jpg

Where ghurd has rectified everything within the mill housing rather than run the 6 wires down the tower and then rectify.  I normally run the 6 wires down so that I can create a shut down mechanism, typically a few switches to short em out. So I'm wondering G if you had any form of shut down?  just curious

Rover
<Where did I bury that microcontroller?>

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: Question for GHurd , new ECM
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 09:42:19 PM »
I think that one ended up with a name brand, heavy duty, HP rated, DT switch.
Center to PMA Positive.
Left to Battery Positive.
Right to Battery Negative.

Pretty sure that particular one got painted "flowery hippy colors" and flew at Burning Man.
G-
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:45:01 PM by ghurd »
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller

Rover

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 06:15:05 AM »
Ahhhh.   OK

Hippie colors.. grin
Rover
<Where did I bury that microcontroller?>

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 09:42:30 AM »
Really want to make sure the switch is industrial and rated for HP.  Don't use some $5 car parts switch in a blister pack.

Don't skimp on the bridges either.  If its shorted and runs away... Poof!  (that's the sound Magic Smoke makes)
G-
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller