Miscellaneous > Logged in diaries

Recipes and Food

(1/20) > >>

JW:
SMOKED FISH DIP

Nice picture of Card Sound Bridge

Picture of sunset

Picture of the bridge from our fishing spot

Here's the catch in the cooler, they are Bluefish (this was from a while back)

I was going to fillet the Bluefish and fry them in a pan, but decided to smoke them gutted/scalled/heads off. No pictures of the fish on the smoker, but in the picture below, you can see ALL the ingredients I used for the smoke fish dip. You could say its homebrewed :)

It was some very good stuff  :)

JW

JW:
Fried Chicken, in the Oven...

Ok, so here we go.

There are several things to consider here. Most important is energy consumption. Say you have a "Deep Freeze" Im not sure how much energy it actually consumes because im running off of "grid power"

Ok, so the deep freeze, and the oven. These would be listed as enrgy costs.

Now, I got a great deal on these chicken drumsticks, $2.50 for 8 drumsticks, two dollars and fifty cents. I had to wait for them to go on sale, because usually there about $4.50 four dollars and 50 cents. I keep them in the deep freeze until I cook them, so I can wait for sales, and it only costs me the energy to keep them frozen in the Ice box.

Then to cook them I use an oven. Again energy costs.

By the way I do have a "George Forman" lean mean grilling machine, and thats about 1500 watts, much less than the oven consumes. But it works great on porkchops, and has them done in about 15 minuites about 4 chops will fit.

Ok,ok back to the chicken.

I only shake on some seasoning salt on before baking them covered.

I use a metal baking pan lined with tin foil, and cover it with tin foil, I bake this at 530°f in the oven for about 30 to 35 minuites.

Then I take out of the oven and remove the tin foil and bake uncovered for about 20 to 30 minuites at 450°f.

For a side I use some noodles, but You will need a half a cup of 2% milk (I used "half and half" coffie creamer) and a tbs of butter (real).

Ok so here what it should look like after the chicken and noodles are done.

Thats how its done. When you bake the chicken at 530 for 30 minuites covered, it cooks the chicken all the way to the bone. Then when you bake the chicken uncovered at 450 it gets crispy... So it takes about an hour to cook this with thawed chicken.

Follow the instructions for the noodles, and Vola'...

JW

JW:
"Okay check this out"

I wanted to share my "infamous" Chicken Teriyaki on the grill.  ;D

As luck would have it, my wife misplaced the usb cable, for the camera, to download picture's thru USB.

We have 2 digital cameras, mine is at work with its cable, and the other is used by my wife Amy  :) 

"Honey do you know where the cable for the/your camera is ?"

I will have to attempt to do the teriyaki recipe at a later time.

I tread on this matter absolutly lightly with my wife, and smile, "no problem".

Believe it or not, it does help.  ;D

JW

JW:
Here's a picture of the Teriyaki Chicken-

This next picure may be off topic abit, but its a good illustration of a high temperature solid-fuel burner heat exchanger.

;D

JW

fabricator:
Ok, now I'm hungry, it must be nice to live in a place where water is liquid sometimes. : ) This time of year MI is in the period just after winter, then we have the short period just before winter, then we have winter, BTW, What is that big glowing ball of fire thing in the sky in those pictures? Was that a UFO?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version