Author Topic: china neo mag update  (Read 2523 times)

bob g

• 8.8kwatt idi diesel thermal conversion unit
    • microcogen.info
china neo mag update
« on: February 16, 2011, 04:21:44 PM »
research and development of a S195 changfa based trigenerator, modified
large frame automotive alternators for high output/high efficiency project X alternator for 24, 48 and higher voltages, and related cogen components.
www.microcogen.info and a SOMRAD member

Seekscore

• Colorado Professional Repair
Re: china neo mag update
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 05:12:28 PM »
I've heard that the US has quite a lot of the same types of deposits. Its not mined due to EPA/MSHA rules and the lack of cheap labor. I worked underground in a gold mine when I was out of high school and they said back then (circa 1986) that if gold was above $300 an ounce, it was worth mining. Probably the same thing with the US rare earth minerals. Once the price comes up, there will be more supply.

Mike

gsw999

• kernelpower Ltd
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 01:14:40 PM »
Brilliant , no more cheap neos for our home brews :(

dnix71

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 05:04:10 PM »
We will need to be more careful about recycling neos from computer hard drives. And resume mining. The Chinese are smart and doing what is responsible. They have only 30% of the worlds reserves and rightly don't want them all exported after strip mining and ruining their land.

fabricator

• SuperHero Member
  • My smoke got out again
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 05:59:20 PM »
They are finding deposits all over the planet ever since China started making these noises, there are big deposits in Africa, Siberia and it looks like the northern provinces in Canada, once these other sources start coming on line the price may actually stabilize then start to slowly fall.
I aint skeerd of nuthin.......Holy Crap! What was that!!!!!
11 Miles east of Lake Michigan, Ottawa County, Robinson township, (home of the defacto residential wind ban) Michigan, USA.

Tritium

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 06:17:57 PM »
 It said they are slowing export of rare earths so they can manufacture end products with them (magnets etc.). I have been buying Chinese magnets so what is the difference?  ???

Thurmond

fabricator

• SuperHero Member
  • My smoke got out again
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 06:46:45 PM »
Not much, they want to make magnets and sell em because that is a value added situation, you'll still be able to buy Chinese neos.
I aint skeerd of nuthin.......Holy Crap! What was that!!!!!
11 Miles east of Lake Michigan, Ottawa County, Robinson township, (home of the defacto residential wind ban) Michigan, USA.