Author Topic: Airline delux 6volt  (Read 2277 times)

Isaiah

Airline delux 6volt
« on: May 06, 2011, 09:07:14 PM »
 I went to a local tractor and gas engine swap meet and brought home a Airline  6 volt deluxe
 Air Charger.
The generator part turned good so we hooked it to a battery charger and the generator motored.
 Part of the slip rings are there and the tail section is there.
  It seems the blade and governor system is missing.
 Is there any chance of finding these parts needed to restore it back to  original?
 I guess one can never have two many wind chargers!!!
 Isaiah

fabricator

• SuperHero Member
  • My smoke got out again
Re: Airline delux 6volt
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 12:28:53 PM »
If those are high speed units like Winchargers you can get blades from RWS, the governor parts, I don't know about. http://www.royalwindandsolar.com/pricing.html
I aint skeerd of nuthin.......Holy Crap! What was that!!!!!
11 Miles east of Lake Michigan, Ottawa County, Robinson township, (home of the defacto residential wind ban) Michigan, USA.

Isaiah

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 10:24:57 PM »
This is what the one I got at the swap meet is supposed to look like.
 http://www.wincharger.com/gallery/restored/Image004-f.jpg.
 hopefully we can find some parts to make it fly again?

jlt

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 02:01:13 PM »
That  is A wind charger That was made by Winco corp . They were Sold under many different names. Including Sears & Roebuck ,Montgomery Wards & others.I have had several of them over the years .I took one of Them and put ceramic mags in it , and it worked  pretty good. But it cogged . I  tried  to use it to charge a 12v battery and burnt out the field coils.With the  ceramic it would start charging the 12v battery at about 12 mph. I had a fast 5ft prop on it. Not very good but it was better than nothing.
       I still have  One  That has not been modified  but the governor is bent  a little . I Am going to try to take it apart and rebuild it.
 Or just replace the bent straps . and try to get it in balance.
       The slip rings That they come with  are a real pain i  get rid of  them and just run the wire down the center of the   yaw pipe.