Author Topic: Utility Pole cost  (Read 51544 times)

jacobs

Re: Utility Pole cost
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2011, 09:49:49 PM »
Here is a quote from the Delta County website in Colorado........

Building Permits
No building permits are required and no certificates of occupancy are issued for the construction and placement of any structures in the unincorporated area of Delta County.  Any questions involving snow loads or other construction questions will have to be directed toward a registered professional engineer/ contractor.

beyonder

« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2011, 10:58:12 PM »
 So you save some money......following codes is still a good idea....

Wisdom Bear

« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2011, 03:42:29 PM »
So you save some money......following codes is still a good idea....

To answer your question that you feel like I ignored you about.  I believe that I have said here in this thread that I would pour concrete around bottom of pole to anchor it and to protect it. But first it needs a "Sock" around it to protect the wood from the acid in the concrete.

Thinking about this now, I am NOT sure who started the "CODE" thing.
But a question for you in the know. Who's code are you following when you talk about follow this code you talk about?
Do you know of a code that is for using Utility Poles as in this project. Or are you just talking to be talking?

And if there is a "CODE" where you live, What makes you think that I or anyone from a different "City, County, State or Country" Would need to go by your local requirements?

I am NOT trying to change your believes about how to build what you want to build. Whether I believe it is the right way or not. So why is so many of you just being this way to me? NO don't answer. For the most part I don't believe you know why, just the way you want to vent your own stuff at someone else.

You guys have a wonderful day.

Thanks to the ones that have responded with correct incite on who has or has not "CODES". And the ones that have used Utility Poles and have some Idea of what they are and how they work.

It MAY cost near as much to do it this way as metal. Who really knows till it is done.

Oh and bottom line is.
When I die, there is most likely NO one to pass what I have done on to.
So my system only needs to last till I die. Not for ever.

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes
« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2011, 04:00:45 PM »

Or are you just talking to be talking?

So why is so many of you just being this way to me? NO don't answer. For the most part I don't believe you know why, just the way you want to vent your own stuff at someone else.

You are getting the answers that you are because of your unnecessary self-absorbed abrasive tone, IMHO.  The only psycho-babble "projection" going on would seem to be yours.

Damon
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 04:10:20 PM by DamonHD »
Podcast: https://www.earth.org.uk/SECTION_podcast.html

@DamonHD@mastodon.social