Author Topic: Jerry Rigged?  (Read 1431 times)

artv

Jerry Rigged?
« on: March 24, 2011, 06:12:46 PM »
Hi all,...I've been reading about this  "Individually rectified phases" It seems to give a little bit better output than the norm ,wye or delta.
 The schematic that I'm going off of is,  one that I seen in one of my searches;  each phase rectified , but with a capacitor connected
betwen the outputs' then hooked in series.

Is this the optimum way to connect the outputs??  Or have I just not found the best one yet?

In this hook up there is no star point , the three leads , that make the star connection, go to their respective rectifier.

Is this the proper(best) way to connect a three phase pmg??.......thanks in advance for any help.........artv

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: Jerry Rigged?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 06:52:15 PM »
There are a few ways to "Jerry Rig".
It can lead to confusion.

Usually either way is a fix for a problem that should not exist in a machine properly designed and made from the ground up.

One way is 'IRP'.
It reduces the open voltage, increases the amps,

The way with caps increses the open voltage, decreases the amps,
(Woof's pic)

Depending on the objective and circumstances, usually it is best to go with more conventional methods.  Like Star / Wye.

Most of the 3-ph air-core axial machines are wired in Star.

You knew I was gonna say this...
Proper?  Best?
Depends.
Gas or Diesel?
Ford or Chevy?
ICE or Jet?
Bulldozer or Weedwhacker?
The motor in the thing AAA sends to pull my 6,000 pound SUV out of a 2 meter deep ditch, is NOT the motor I want on my weedwhacker.
G-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 06:56:31 PM by ghurd »
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller

artv

Re: Jerry Rigged?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 07:34:44 PM »
Hi  Ghurd, yes I tried both those methods....The 2nd one (Woofers) seem to work better..........I found that by hooking each phase to it's own rectifier,..... then hook the negative of the cap, to the -dc on the rectifyer, the positive of the cap to the rectifyer at the star connection( where the star lead comes out of the coils)...........not sure if thats clear............you feed the dc negative output ,into the negative of the cap ,and the positive of the cap connects to where the star connection hooks at the bridge. I tried many various arrangements. This gave better results than ethier of the first two, and the best I"ve come up with so far........I'd like to

thank you for the diagrams ,and your time ....it has been most helpful......artv.......I forgot to mention ,do each phase individually,then connect them parallel
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 07:48:41 PM by artv »