Logged in users > User Diaries

25 to 30 foot diameter turbine

<< < (18/19) > >>

zvizdic:
This is amassing project !

Planing and making must take a lot off time and I hope it last and work as good as it locks.

In my opinion you are #1 DIY windmill maker on this forum period .............

Thanks for sheering !

Watt:
As mentioned, very nice work.  Awesome looking and I bet the performance will match the work.

I wonder what power is required to produce the lubricant pressure and if lowering it to nearly nothing will help.  In no way am I picking, just a wonder, that's all.

Nice job.

methanolcat:
zvizdic,

Thanks and it does take a lot of time designing and planning to make everything fit and work properly, but in the end its something I can be proud of and with minimal maintenance it should last me the rest of my life.

"In my opinion you are #1 DIY windmill maker on this forum period ............."

I don't know about that I have seen some pretty good work, but it mostly has to do with what tools are available to each person, in my case the sky is the limit on machinery, if I had only the tools in my garage to work with it wouldn't be anything near what I have built so far.

Watt,

Thanks as well.

I don't know that there is a way lower the oil pressure any further, I say that because the filter is what is causing the pressure, most if not all oil filters now a days have what is called a "anti- drain back valve"  basically a rubber ring that the oil has to push open to get through, a "one way valve" and then of course the restriction of the filter element itself causes some pressure as well.

The "anti- drain back valve" was added to oil filters because some filters are mounted horizontally and the oil would drain back out of the filter when the engine wasn't running and would need a short time to refill once the engine was started again, all while the engine is not getting oil until the filter gets full again, and we know that's not a good thing.

I have a 3/8 pick up line to the pump, out of the pump and into the filter with 3/8 line, from filter to distribution manifold with 3/8 line, then from manifold to 4 places inside gear box with 1/4 line to oil bearings. The 1/4 lines are all open on the ends with no restrictors or nozzles of any kind.

I would about bet money that if the filter was taken out of the system that the pressure gauge would read nothing or almost nothing.

As far as the amount of power consumed by the pump, I wouldn't think it would be very much, I tested that pump with a battery powered drill, pumping oil and it didn't try to slow the drill down, but that was not with a filter involved, so......I still can't imagine it being very much, I'm going to have an excessive amount of power to have to find something to do with and if it cost me a couple hundred watts of power to run the pump I would be ok with that.

Thanks again guys,

Matt

methanolcat:
attempt at uploading pics again.

methanolcat:
got one, now maybe the others.

if admin or someone could insert these above, or just leave here is fine too.

Matt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version