Author Topic: solar tracker circuit  (Read 85025 times)

David HK

Re: solar tracker circuit
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2012, 05:30:24 PM »
For those that need to know, I have recently been testing a sensor box which self contains the shadow maker and the two LDR's.

It works, but not as well as my seven year old original sensor. The newer self contained experimental sensor is less sensitive to light than the older sensor. I think the reason for this is the shadow maker is not tall/high enough.

I have therefore removed it and gone back to the old faithful sensor.

David in HK

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2012, 12:17:50 PM »
David HK. If possible, take a photo of your card in Sprint layout or just a photo with one and other and specify which parts are which. Sincerely, Vitaly!
Hello;
Please, before you go asking for free stuff from someone who has spent his valuable time and money in something like this.
AND on your 2nd posting.
Try introducing yourself, explain a little more of what you are intending to use this for, and possible try to offer something in return, heck even a little more background on yourself would be nice.
As it stands this email looks like spam and I nearly nuked it, but it's spring and I'll give you another chance.

What you are asking is for him to GIVE you his designs.
NOT a real posting to endear yourself here.  >:(
Bruce S
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

fabricator

• SuperHero Member
  • My smoke got out again
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2012, 04:47:40 PM »
David is way to polite, but if it was me I'd tell him to take a flying leap. ::)
I aint skeerd of nuthin.......Holy Crap! What was that!!!!!
11 Miles east of Lake Michigan, Ottawa County, Robinson township, (home of the defacto residential wind ban) Michigan, USA.

David HK

« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2012, 10:28:15 PM »
Regarding the above posts -

I have no idea what 'sprint' is.

All my work can be accessed if you down load:-

http://www.expresspcb.com/expresspcbhtm/download.htm

which is free software. After doing that I can then e-mail circuit schematics for 12 and 24 volt systems including component values. I can also provide a file showing the PCB Mark III layout which has taken a rather long 8 years to produce, but is the bees knees. I can also provide quite a few JPEG's and MS Word files on request.

However I am not planning to convert what I have into another new format.

If you down load all the JPEG's in this post (which now has some 11,000 hits) plus a few URL's in some posts you will be starting out on the road to success.

That's the best I can politely do for the moment.

David in HK

виталий

« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2012, 04:48:52 PM »
Regarding the above posts -

I have no idea what 'sprint' is.

All my work can be accessed if you down load:-

http://www.expresspcb.com/expresspcbhtm/download.htm

which is free software. After doing that I can then e-mail circuit schematics for 12 and 24 volt systems including component values. I can also provide a file showing the PCB Mark III layout which has taken a rather long 8 years to produce, but is the bees knees. I can also provide quite a few JPEG's and MS Word files on request.

However I am not planning to convert what I have into another new format.

If you down load all the JPEG's in this post (which now has some 11,000 hits) plus a few URL's in some posts you will be starting out on the road to success.

That's the best I can politely do for the moment.

David in HK

Sorry I beg, I'll be glad of any help. I am new to your forum and is not very correctly formulated his own voprosy.Ya trying to make the printed circuit board - but it is not very good. I have a solar collector to whom I made the tracker - but he does not have parking for the night. Your tracker is like - if you can tell me to do the right thing. If I understand correctly - that provide forums for networking and helping each other .. Regards, Vitaly!

conntaxman

« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2012, 01:41:51 PM »
Hi Dave.
I have been tring to get this to work many times, with no luck. Now Im reading your post on this site and see that you have a PC lay out. could you please email it to me.
Thank you
John
conntaxman@yahoo.com

David HK

« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2012, 07:43:01 PM »
For the record,

I cannot PM Vitaliy because there is no automatic e-mail address in the relevant box. After going through the Members name search, there is so little information available that even the e-mail address does not work.

Just one post in the forum with microscopic - almost unusable personal detail severely inhibits a reply.

David in HK

(John - above post - all relevant stuff sent by e-mail).

виталий

« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2012, 05:45:31 AM »
For the record,

I cannot PM Vitaliy because there is no automatic e-mail address in the relevant box. After going through the Members name search, there is so little information available that even the e-mail address does not work.

Just one post in the forum with microscopic - almost unusable personal detail severely inhibits a reply.

David in HK

(John - above post - all relevant stuff sent by e-mail).
I'm sorry, that email address  tkach-vitaliy@ukr.net

Fiend

« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2012, 10:41:47 AM »
I would like to receive this layout too!
please send it to my e-mail "email address removed"

Thank You.
BIG brother is watching  >:(
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 05:30:23 PM by Bruce S »

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2012, 11:03:35 AM »
I would like to receive this layout too!
please send it to my e-mail

Thank You.
He's no longer answering these requests!!
This is rather RUDE behavior!!

DavidHK!
Because of the RUDE behavior of these NEW people!! MAY I LOCK this thread ?
Bruce S
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 05:29:39 PM by Bruce S »

David HK

« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2012, 05:14:02 PM »
May as well Bruce.

If not, the substance and general courtesy on which this forum exists will collapse. By that I mean that new folks are encouraged to become involved study and learn, contribute and so on.

A one time demand is much the same as opportunist street robbery.

Dave in HK

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2012, 05:22:46 PM »
May as well Bruce.

If not, the substance and general courtesy on which this forum exists will collapse. By that I mean that new folks are encouraged to become involved study and learn, contribute and so on.

A one time demand is much the same as opportunist street robbery.

Dave in HK
Dave;

I have a better Idea.

Rather than lock this great thread
I'll leave it open and instead punish those who post like that.
I've done two already. and other GMs are banning & watching too  8)
MAYBE the others will get the hint  ;)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 05:28:40 PM by Bruce S »

David HK

« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2012, 05:36:49 PM »
As you wish.

You know more about controlling the website than I do.

Dave in HK

CraigM

« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2012, 06:15:58 PM »

Well said David. As a newbie I feel my first obligation is to "study and learn" then provide meaningful contributions to the best of my ability. Boldly asking for someones hard work to be handed over is very disrespectful.

This forum and it's "contributing" members are a valuable resource, please everyone, treat them as such.

Thank you,
Craig
Brain engaged in Absorption Charge Mode... please wait, this may take awhile.

Fiend

« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2012, 05:15:39 AM »
Nice reaction  :o I thought such forums have one common goal - spread green ideas and support anyone who comes in to it.. so it seems this forum is not the case. If You do not want to give some information (like pcb drawing in the case) sell it! because if i need it I'll get it elswhere and will never come here again.. And certainly will not stop my 2kw diy solar project (it is already connected to grid and working).
p.s. I made that drawing and the pcb now. I i can give it to anyone, no matter to a newbie or not ( not to a bruce S thats for sure   ;D )
Bruce  your administration with banning is childish and will not give any positive effect, not in this case. Now You can use You 'powers" and bann me for the end of days :D

It's not only Bruce and David that think that you are rude and stupid: are you like this in the rest of your life?  DamonHD
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 04:19:16 PM by DamonHD »

David HK

« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2012, 07:57:09 AM »
How rude and obscene.

If one goes to the beginning of this thread the original drawing for the circuit URL should be available.

Nothing is hidden and I have given away gratis at least two units to forum members in other parts of the world out of my own pocket.

One only has to note that this forum entry has at least 12,000 hits which means something must be right somewhere.

Fiend you may wish to foxtrot oscar somewhere else that pleases your time of day.

David in HK

PS   I  have given the Express PCB files and JPEG drawings plus photographs to numerous forumites that come to this web site.

You are wrong to castigate and chastise forum members in this case.

fabricator

• SuperHero Member
  • My smoke got out again
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2012, 08:45:33 AM »
Nice reaction  :o I thought such forums have one common goal - spread green ideas and support anyone who comes in to it.. so it seems this forum is not the case. If You do not want to give some information (like pcb drawing in the case) sell it! because if i need it I'll get it elswhere and will never come here again.. And certainly will not stop my 2kw diy solar project (it is already connected to grid and working).
p.s. I made that drawing and the pcb now. I i can give it to anyone, no matter to a newbie or not ( not to a bruce S thats for sure   ;D )
Bruce  your administration with banning is childish and will not give any positive effect, not in this case. Now You can use You 'powers" and bann me for the end of days :D

2000 whole watts? Wow! With line losses and inverter losses you probably put a whopping 1200 watts into the grid! I'll bet your entire county is proud of you! I don't know where you are from but I hope your behaviour doesn't reflect the prevailing attitude there, if it does you live in a country full of a$$ holes and imbeciles, if you had read the entire thread you would have seen David has freely given everything to several posters, so, hopefully this was your last post here.
Davids response shows that he is too much of a class act to respond like I did, I do not suffer a$$ holes or idiots very well, you fit both these category's perfectly.
11 Miles east of Lake Michigan, Ottawa County, Robinson township, (home of the defacto residential wind ban) Michigan, USA.

Fiend

« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2012, 09:30:28 AM »
I have high volt system, so I do not have big losses in lines, plus my grid inverter has 95 - 96% efficiency (any normal has).
David : if You have given to numerous forum users the pcb layout, why I am different? thanks :) bye.

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2012, 10:14:10 AM »
It is such a shame that you are so rude.
Having visited your country many timeswith such a honorable and respectible people and you act this way?
You must be either an outsider or one of those.....people.
Since you did ask, I'll comply and enforce the full ban.
Go have a nice chat with some older of your nation and listen to them this time.
Ta ta
Bruce S

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2012, 11:19:36 AM »
Bruce you are the new Sherif, you get my support...

TimS

« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2012, 12:26:16 PM »
Me too.  Good job Bruce.

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2012, 01:08:22 PM »
Not a sherrif thing, just plain common courtesy.
I don't enjoy banning people, but if a person can't take the time to remember common kindness then I have no problem doing what is necessary.
My thanks to those who alerted me to this. Sorry it took so long getting to it.
Bruce S

David HK

« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2012, 05:40:37 PM »
For completeness the following URL will provide any viewer with the circuit drawing that I started off with about seven years ago. I am not the inventor but the user.

http://www.phoenixnavigation.com/ptbc/articles/ptbc55.htm

All I have done is nurse it along and improve on it with experimentation and a great deal of assistance from fellow forumites. I have played around with the sensor unit and found that the original unit out performs other experimental versions.  My thanks to Oztules for helping to sort out the relays so that they cannot both activate at the same time.

Documentation and explanation is contained exclusively in this thread so that its available on a plate for everybody to read.

It is of course fair comment that at the age of 64 ones mental agility slows down and only last week I found myself in the bathroom attempting to shave with my toothbrush!  If I have overlooked answering a request it certainly is not deliberate and is likely to be one of having forgotten about it. A PM would be more than adequate to resolve the matter.

Personal attacks on forumites are vulgar and demeaning, and say a lot about the writer concerned. As a result one may expect to be admonished accordingly.

David in HK

David HK

« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2012, 05:43:21 PM »
Apologies for the above post, I seem to have pressed a wrong button. The following text should allow easy reading.

For completeness the following URL will provide any viewer with the circuit drawing that I started off with about seven years ago. I am not the inventor but the user.

http://www.phoenixnavigation.com/ptbc/articles/ptbc55.htm

All I have done is nurse it along and improve on it with experimentation and a great deal of assistance from fellow forumites. I have played around with the sensor unit and found that the original unit out performs other experimental versions.  My thanks to Oztules for helping to sort out the relays so that they cannot both activate at the same time.

Documentation and explanation is contained exclusively in this thread so that it's available on a plate for everybody to read.

It is of course fair comment that at the age of 64 ones mental agility slows down and only last week I found myself in the bathroom attempting to shave with my toothbrush!  If I have overlooked answering a request it certainly is not deliberate and is likely to be one of having forgotten about it. A PM would be more than adequate to resolve the matter.

Personal attacks on forumites are vulgar and demeaning, and say a lot about the writer concerned. As a result one may expect to be admonished accordingly.

David in HK

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2012, 05:51:23 PM »
Thanks for providing the original link,

However, David HK i think is would be good if you could provide an updated version of the schematic, upload it where you think best, FL can host it for you.

Its great that your giving credit to the original source. But we still dont have your updated version of your original schematic.

Just as an aside, I have seen overunity type of stuff on that phoenixnavagation.com site. It was years ago I saw it, may not be there now.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:54:44 PM by JW »

fabricator

• SuperHero Member
  • My smoke got out again
« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2012, 06:21:45 PM »
It is of course fair comment that at the age of 64 ones mental agility slows down and only last week I found myself in the bathroom attempting to shave with my toothbrush!
David in HK

LOL, that kind of thing can happen at 52 also, the other day I found myself standing in the bathroom in my shop, only to realize the wire strippers are not in the bathroom.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2012, 06:48:03 PM »
David,

I have temporay changed the setting to 1000kb from 150kb

Post your image, once

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2012, 06:48:58 PM »
once I have the image, I will set the quota back to 150kb

try again

David HK

« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2012, 06:53:40 PM »
Thanks JW.

Try again

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2012, 06:57:42 PM »
Great, im going to leave the setting this way.

So for all users uploading attachments, if you have a really large image file, your pictures will now post, but the number of attached images is less than is possible, with smaller image files, like instead of 10 pictures per post, only 3,
cool deal :) this should help more users post there pics.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 07:07:08 PM by JW »

wooferhound

• SuperHero Member
  • Huntsville Alabama U.S.A.
    • Woofer Hound Sound & Lighting Rentals
« Reply #129 on: April 25, 2012, 10:33:08 AM »
There is a reason for the picture limit to se set at 150k . . .

Yyrkoon

« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2012, 01:38:31 AM »
Thanks David, and all contributors for making these schematics possible/available.

This could be a really cool  device for an open source hardware project.

jammer63

« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2012, 09:59:46 PM »
Hello all, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say I have read this from the beginning and found it a great read. Just wanted to thank every one for there posts, they have been very informative.

I built a solar tracker using a circuit I found on the web that does not work very well in my opinion.
6472-0
 I have been using pcb artist for guite some time now and plan to build the tracker discribed here. I modified a laminator so I can transfer my artwork to the pc board for etching.

When I get the circuit drawn I will post pictures.