Author Topic: broken panels  (Read 1332 times)

kc8gpd

• Robert Chrysafis Facebook
broken panels
« on: September 12, 2011, 11:37:42 AM »
i have 11 solar panels from various manufacturers. the glass is shattered. i have put them up for trade in classifieds but in the mean time i am still in search for a solution. is there a way to separate the silicone cells from the glass?

is there some kind of solvent that will dissolve the glue without ruining the cells?

my intention is to remove all the silicone from all 11 panels pack them in a box for storage and eventually as time allows attach them to a new piece of glass and seal them back up using the original metal frames they came in.

the other idea was to do what was suggested here in the forums in another topic which was to blow the glass out and resurface the glass.

if someone was interested in doing that work for me i would be happy to split the lot of panels with whoever can fix them for me.

there are 11 panels mixed bunch of 170 and 235 watt. i would give you 6 as payment for your time and me take 5. i will of course want the bulk of the 235 watt panels. i am willing to throw 1) 235 panel in with the 6.

these are just several ideas i am toying with. i got these for from a local solar outfit for free and the ultimate goal is to just get some panels working for a backup power for an HF amateur radio station.

thanks,

robert
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:42:45 AM by kc8gpd »
Rev. Robert P. Chrysafis

Universal Life Ministries (ULC)