Logged in users > User Diaries

Saving my Sharp microwave oven - Part 1

<< < (3/3)

LFO:
Yes indeed ... this thread is as old as time itself  ;D

And I joined and I am posting to thank David and to state that also my Sharp Carousel is now working again.

The usual story: key pad faulty, nowhere to buy a new one and a unit, a microwave AND convection oven that is all good but for the silly little skin or key pads.

Well, inspired by David HK and reading his matrix noticed how EASY it could be if just using tiny push button switches.
And I managed to get some from my bag of recycled goodies to make a "proof of concept". And worked.

There were some differences on the matrix and their values, my Stop/Clear was pin 4&5 and that is the first action you need to input after restoring power. NOTHING will work until Stop/Clear.

Basically I removed the old key pad, made a photocopy, glued the copy back, glued the switches, solder the wires, reconnected to the connector on the PCB.
Once is all good up and running I will put the old keypad back for aesthetics and it will look as good as new ... well, not that good but it will work as good as always.

I ran out of switches so I bought a batch of 100 from eBay. That will complete ALL buttons. Also I will trim the key pad as the film connector is no longer useful, I only want the shiny front for looks and strength.

For the pins your configuration, as it was my case, is slightly different to David's. What it exactly the same is the fact that the first 4 pins in the PCB (labeled, from top to bottom) are 1 to 4 and 5 to 11 the others.

So this is my story, inspired by David and his post. Hope mine is equally useful.

This shows basic layout. Ain't pretty but worked.

It's alive!!!! Convection mode set and ready. Not finished but getting there.

This will be the new look. As new  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version